
It's been wonderful living in fantasy land for over 2 weeks. There were many times we were able to forget about
- the horrendous move (Although i did spend some time speaking with the NY attorney general)
- the outrageous landlord in Germany (Chris is still making calls to work with floor repair men & power spraying options to appease the random demands of our landlady)
- and the upcoming unpacking in Virginia.
Staying with Chelcy I learned that everything has a place. Staying with Farrah I learned that that place can be anywhere (the crockpot found it's place in the downstairs bathroom). Moving can be viewed as a time when you learn new functions for your old stuff (or your decide your old stuff is crap). I enjoyed seeing things in farrahs home that I remember in different locations in Germany. Makes me wonder how our stuff with end up.
Thank you to Chelcy and Farrah for opening your homes to your homeless friends. From indulging us on local cuisine to snuggling up on the couch together I am thankful that your homes can feel like our homes.

We are lucky to spend the remaining time 'in-between' with chris's folks. They are wonderfully accommodating for our family and I think they enjoy a bit of the commotion for now.
Tonight is a special bonus as Chris's brother's family will join us for 2 nights. Wyland is just returning from an almost 10 month deployment (almost unheard of for the marines) and we will enjoy time with their family. The Leadbetter house will be busting at the seams, but the time together is truly precious!

Macy, say 'what'. Miss you already!
No comments:
Post a Comment