Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time without stuff is time to enjoy right?

When does our stuff get here, who knows...  until than. lets enjoy these days.  We don't have a lot of 'stuff' and without stuff, there really isn't a lot of responsibility.  So we really just enjoy each other and what we have - foam blocks, a few race cars, books, walks to local parks, swim time and the gym (my savior). 

Chris's folks are a HUGE reason why this move is rather enjoyable.  From letting us tour around in their vehicle, fabulous meals and housing us quite wonderfully in their home - we are forever grateful in their relaxed hospitality.

But let me share a few photos of literally our final days in Germany - we (Rhett McDonough - THANK YOU) won a photo shoot with the creative services division of MC Dean.  She offered to meet us where ever so we choose our favorite playground in germany - the kliene gartner.  It was an overcast day and Shane won't smile...  but great memories just the same.

The fields behind us were covered, but i will rememeber them filed with asparagus, strawberries, wheat etc...

Nick is clearly a pro at this and the only one looking at the camera
At this point we are asking Shane if he intends to smile
His answer is no
O.k., maybe
I want to remember how simply Nick always smiled.  I also want to remember these boots.  He wore them EVERY DAY for months.  They were Tates and Niklaus taught him to criss-cross the velcro
My smiler
This tree house is literally built around a tree.  a place of many family memories - honestly, looking at this family photo, I cannot believe that it isn't a 10 minute walk anymore.  Gosh will we get back there?

Sweet baby Drew

Our efforts to make Shane smile caught on camera!

Drew was a bit easier
Shane is taking his big brother role VERY SERIOUSLY - this was my favorite photo by far.  He is almost cracking a smile - but I swear I see the big brother look in his face for the first time.

Now lets get them all in the picture -

And a few family photos  - wrap a ribbon around it and call it done - 3 years in Europe.  I cannot believe we packed up 3 years ago with just Nick - now we head home with Shane and Drew as well as some of the most amazing friends a family could ever ask for.  One of the things I remember thinking as we packed our bags for Germany was... the folks we would meet there would be open and friendly - I couldn't have been more right. 
Thank you to all those friends who welcomed us into your lives - we will never go away....  promise!

Here's hoping a few of us are in-laws someday - I mean, look at the cute dudes!  I must admit I have the cutest one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment