Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beer with Buddies

Sherry lives a different life from me - in the heart of DC - enjoying all the activities, social events, boccie leagues etc.  She always does her best to include me - I love the emails - Desmond Howard is in town, beer tasting tonight,  Its so hard to turn down all the invitations that she thankfully keeps sending me.  This was one I said yes too - Volunteering at the Leesburg beer tasting festival.  Your volunteer hours (5 hours of sticky sample pouring) = entrance fee and lots of drinks. - Thanks to Chris, we made this one work.

Now sherry is a pro at this kind of stuff, so she didn't mess around, we were immediately stationed at the Bell's tent (Michigan Brewery)  I do remember about every Oberon I have ever had at Good Time Charlies.  Fabulous summer wheat beer (wonderfully garnished with an orange slice)  So every moment of pouring this frothy beverage with my college roomie at my side reminded me of those college days.  Well spent my friends, well spent.  Many beers shared between sherry and I, so this... the perfect event.
The event was well attended by countless beer connoisseurs, chatty too, which works well for me.  Standing for 5 hours did not work for me, but the beer helped. (the body pump and spinning class that I taught prior to did not...)


Chris wanted to pop out to see what the 'buzz' was all about.  He LOVED the Frito pie and ordered one up in honor of our buddie Deakon.  Yum yum!

It was a toasty 90+ degrees today - and when it was all over, I was happy to grab some taco bell and go home counting the minute until bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment