Friday, June 22, 2012

All that we hoped for....

One of the important mom jobs is prepping the battlefield - for anything.  I feel i am in constant motion making sure we have bathing suits, sunscreen, snacks, diapers (so one!).  so we can enjoy each particular event.  Thursday night was the first concert in the park inour very own brambleton town center.  I have been excited for that night since Alexa and my ladies here told me about it.  Its free, walking distance, open air music and BYOB.  Need I say more??!?!  So last week I sprung for beach chairs at costco that had a cooler and I have been stocking up on drinks and munchies...  

And than there was sports camp.  It started on Monday at a fabulous indoor play place here in Ashburn.  Nick's first day was a crummy rainy day here (perfect for indoor sporting).  After his second day, he came home with a ridiculous headache and later had a fever.  He wasn't interested in eating and went to bed at 5:30.  The next day it was 95 and perfect for a stay-cation.  Drew loved every moment of sticking to his fabulous sleep schedule and Shane was thrilled with some bonus TV time and having free reign of all toys.  Nick slept, slept, and slept.  

Thursday morning he appeared better so off to camp he went.  Upon pick up it was obvious he wasn't back to normal yet.  So this is him on the couch after camp.  He stayed this was until 5:30 - I only heard a few snippets from him (no Shane, that isn't your bouncy ball, no Shane, we don't play with the crayons like that) it was almost amusing to watch Shane carrying on knowing his brother wasn't able to enforce his couch directed demands...
Here are the other 2 with me in the playroom.  Well, at the beginning of the post, remember that concert i mentioned, well its tonight.  So I let nick sleep and popped some tylenol in his mouth.  Gotta give it my best shot right?  Plus these bugs last 24 hours right??  I pleaded with him to eat some corn (his favorite) and he obliged with one husk and a few gold fish....  come on Tylenol, lets work.  meanwhile, Mr. Drews nap schedule was rocked just a bit, so his eye rubbing at 4:55 awarded him a late afternoon nap (that would have never been agreed to w/o plans to hit outdoor concert)  He had a fabulous 1 hour nap.  At 6:00 Chris came home wondering what the timeline was (yes, you would think I never told him)  But I was thinking of leaving him home with Nick.  Well, Nick was turning a corner and VERY interested in attending...  o.k. than, lets continue the family event!!
Bags were pack and chairs were ready.  Chris offered to wear his chair solely to show me how silly I looked. Honestly I think he looks great!
Shane lead the charge in his every popular run bike.
And this is how we roll to the brambleton concert.  Thankfully cloud cover arrived just in time to cool off our 95 degree day.
I am guessing Shane nabbed the camera for a bit (I deleted the 25 other....)
The Great Zuchinni was a magician for the night.  He was perfect for the 5 and under crowd, but I needed a beverage to properly enjoy his display of magic store tricks.  No sure what they were doing here - but the kids followed him like the pied piper.
And now for the concert.  It was a great cover band that played anything from Adele to Bon Jovi.  can you believe they ended with Living on a prayer!?!  I was thinking of you Diane!  We decided this night out was designed for families with kids.  It was PERFECT.
Check out mr. drew all stretched out
Here is our spread.  Tom came with us, as I noted, if you didn't have kids, it really isn't your scene, so since his little dudes are in Germany, we adopted him for the night.
Hey dad, did you forget the cheese cutting knife?  Oh wait, mom forgot that...  well you can't remember everything
Look at that Smiley Nick - big improvement don't you think?  BTW - everything in the leadbetter house must have multiple uses in order to stick around.  The Wagon served as the perfect table!

Shane feeding drew his snacks of Cheerios
Another Shane photo tucked in there - he gives himself away everytime - as he shoots his photos he shouts, I'm playing with it, i'm playing with it....until we figure it out...
O.k., now do you think he is feeling better?  Honestly, I love this photo.
How bout this guy?  He is normally my late nighter, but due to Nick's little bug, SHANE logged the least about of napping hours and started to feel the affects of the late night.  It really just called for some extra lap time with dad.  Welcomed =)!

The final song was great dancing with the whole crew.  The neighborhood ladies were all there which made for a fabulous event.  Thanks Valerie, April and Dawn (so jealous you snuck out kidless) and JoHannon, next time you will move back with us =)!  Drew Enjoyed his final bottle with Valerie and than it assumed this position of honor in the wine glass stand - the only additional as part of my AAR.  Can't wait for July 5th!!  The next event.  I will be prepared - as prepared as i can be =)

What a great night!!  So great, that later that night, I offered to sub for a 9:30 body pump class!

No comments:

Post a Comment