It was literally a whirl wind of activity - we hit the ground running on Sunday as my dad drove us through a few of his favorite spots after church. We had an open house on Sunday and a quick meeting with a for sale by owner. Monday was a family day and Tuesday was right back into it with a financial adviser. Tuesday afternoon, back on the home tour - we traveled all through Simsbury and Avon with our AMAZING Realtor Tara (I used to babysit for her girls - hmmm just a few years ago...)
The houses start to blurr after awhile, but here are the highlights - We found that we really wanted to be in Granby or Canton (smaller towns than Avon and Simsbury)
We honestly LOVED this house in granby - the owner had her own yoga studio
beautiful sitting sunroom
Awesome rap around porch
so i am torturing myself with these photos as I doubt we will choose this home. It wasn't fenced and had a pool and pond that we weren't wild about (we want Oma Sue and Goomba to have the 'wow factor' of a pool). Plus, its a safety and maintenance concern that I wasn't ready to tackle.
Our second favorite house had a horse barn and walking distance (along a bit of a busy road) to a winery... awesome too - but no neighborhood and on too busy of a road for the kids...
But I will indulge myself with a few reminder photos
awesome kitchen for entertaining
Didn't come with horses - but isn't he cute??
Time for a break....
Dinner with 1 kid! Easy when 4 adults are there.
So, the house we put a bid on is this one - mostly for the back yard - I mean how many football fields can you fit back there?!
4 Bidwell farm, Canton CT
I am trying to figure out which boy will let me keep this awesome PINK shag carpet in their room.
I have a feeling that window valance won't stick around long....
gotta leave this photo as its the powder room, but you can catch a glimpse of sweet Tara in the mirror snapping the photo for us (yesterday as we totally forgot what all the bathrooms looked like...)
See, more bathroom fun.
just what I always wanted, A SINK - haha
this photo cracks me up as its a great back yard, but Chris didn't like it as much due to its lack of privacy... REALLY? I mean the neighbors are way over there?!?! Makes me want to snap a photo of our current backyard (its a muddy mess right now and I would saw a 20X20 patch!)

Yup boys - its EXHAUSTING....and an emotional roller coaster that will continue for the next 6 months.... That is quite the ticket.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone








Sara, I can picture seeing you guys settled in this house. For sure. I see you in that big spacious kitchen making home-made pretzels as your tired boys come inside from playing in their - again - spacious - backyard. You will have years of happiness here. I just know it.
ReplyDeleteLove,
T
PS--- plenty of room for the Yasutis Fam to visit too!
pss- Please don't go!
ReplyDelete