Lately before bed I have been reading - chicken soup for the parents soul. The book has been by my bedside for a while and I pick it up from time to time. They are simple short stories that are heartwarming or tear jerking tales of real parenthood. So many of them are about kids growing up (which is often feel like mine never will....) 99% of the time I go to bed with tears in my eyes.
So last night as we were staying warm for bed, my boys asked me to lay with them for just a few minutes. I laid with Shane first (as he falls asleep almost instantly). Sure enough within 5 minutes he was in REM sleep. Nick was next - he usually stays up late reading, but tonight he was asleep shortly - Drew was my last and toughest customer so I really enjoyed his cuddles, hugs, and million times he told me he loved me. Normally I view this 'lay with me time' as a stall technique. But last night, I reminded myself its fleeting.
No comments:
Post a Comment