Time to hit the parks again! We spilt up as the McCulloughs headed to Sea World with Ashley and Peter while we opted for Hollywood studios with our Crew. I bought them Michigan shirts for Christmas as Michigan got slotted to play Florida in Tampa for the Citrus bowl this year - what are the chances right? (we heard rumors there could have been a Tennessee vs. Michigan game for the bowl season - now that would have been epic!)
These shirts were AWESOME as well and so easy to spot in the park. Got lots of 'go blue's' too.
Love this photo as we were at the park 5 minutes after it opened and NO ONE was on the streets yet! Its gonna be a great day!
I seriously just wanted to capture the fact that we were by ourselves!
We still rushed to the Indiana Jones booth to sign the kiddos up for Jedi Training -
- story about the true power of social media -
When I had posted about working towards and earning this trip to Disney one of my high school friends mentioned how much her kiddos loved Jedi training and we should try it. We just had to get to the park soon enough to sign up for a slot - no additional fee (love that about Disney - you pay once!)
Signed up - back at 1 for training!
Meanwhile THIS was the greatest traction for our kids the whole day - its the 'Honey I shrunk the kids' playground. Love it!
They kept asking to go back
WE had to drag them away to hit the Star Wars attractions in preparation - first ride was just a brief explanation on the movie maker history with a little sand guy trading. We offered them up some of the scraps in my purse (I literally had NOTHING)
I went to offer Shane's pass to ride Primeval (that he was given an Animal kingdom as a token of 'hey kid, sorry you aren't tall enough') and Shane fiercely protested... guess I better hold onto that one....
After the viewing Shane actually wanted to stand in line to meet Darth Vader - however once the line wait became 50 minutes (and we had waited 5) he opted out (smart move)
Next up - Star War Tours and our First Fast pass of the day.
Drew was skeptical - it looked SO similar to when I went on the ride in 8th grade (that is 25 years ago - gulp) movie theatre like feel for about 20 seats. Buckle in and the HUGE screen TV and motion take you for a serious ride. The show was updated to reflect the next movies and the kids LOVED it
Little Star Wars posing
Nice action shot Shane
Drew won't be left behind!
Quick lunch time break - one of the coolest thing about Hollywood was all the great places to just be able to sit and grab a bite to eat. Look at this crew
Anything wrong with this stroller picture. The boys were onto how awesome stroller life really is.
Fast Pass #2 - Tower of Terror. I was honestly nervous about this one. I read it was a THRILLING ride. WE all made the height requirement, so i signed us all up - EVERYONE. While we were eating I was literally googling the ride to see if there were any breakdowns or any reason why I shouldn't take my entire family on it....
The theme is a very scary hotel. - thankfully they made the interior and lead up to the ride rather scary.
Very good thing.
Because as it was time to board the ride, Drew made a very wise decision and opted out. BY FAR the most thrilling ride I have ever been on. You are strapped into a 20 person Elevator car that literally drops several floors SEVERAL times. I held onto both Nick and Shane's legs with incrrible seriousness as I watched my purse lift about to me head by the quickness of the drop. Shane about lost his lunch and vowed to NEVER EVER go on that ride again.
Nick however joined Chris for round 2
Again, I wish these photos better captured how cool the streets of Holly wood studios were
They had actors throughout the park in costume and in character interacting with all of us.
Jedi Training time.
The sized up all the kiddos and issued them Jedi Cloaks - You know I am loving the M right??
May the force be with you
I was supremely impressed with the acting, care and scripting of this performance with about 24 little ones on stage as well. The characters truly made the performance.
Well, the kiddos did too.
I literally had tears in my eyes when I was recording this. For so many reasons. Having been to Disney years ago, I know these moments are treasured. They can be defining, they can be exhilarating, they can be scary and I believe they were all these things for the kiddos.
I love how many times they offered for Drew to fight Darth Vader - each time I said a silent prayer - you can do it Drew - and finally the last one and he did.
As a mom, I thank you Disney for putting together such a well run performance that truly touched these boys.
And than he fell asleep
We opted to grab a spot in the Indiana Jones stunt performance. The stadium was FULL, they let in folks at the end to grab whatever seat was still available - we scored front right side - saw all the action! Again, kinda remembered this whole thing from 25 years ago!
Here are 2 super stars that we surely apart of my kiddos childhood.
Well hey there San Fransisco
Just a little more crowded, but not much
Remember I said we received a lot of 'Go Blue's' Well I wanted to take a photo with a Gator for good luck. He divulged he was a new fan as his family was now on the coaching staff. He was previously a Spartan!
Ready for the Rocking Roller coaster?? Now this one had a height limit so only Nick and I could go. 48". Aerosmith designed and goes from 0 - 57 MPH in 2.8 seconds. Fastest roller coaster. Upside down, great tunes, inside and SMOOTH. Nick loved it. Went with Chris too.
Tower of terror still holds the #1 slot for me (just not Shane)
Final BIG ride of the day was the new Toy story ride. It was fun, Drew loved it, lots of shooting at the different targets, nothing thrilling, (unless you are 4 - so I will give it to him)
Do love this photo
Yes, we can go back to Honey I shrunk the kids!
As long as we can make it to muppets 3D too. (Drew was finally trusting the glasses again)
Anyone need a summer time refreshing snack?
lemon ice - go to for Shane
lemon aide bar - yummo -
Hollywood does its own Christmas celebration and its very holly wood - LOTS of lights, Bruce Springsteen playing Santa is coming to town
Short video clip
https://youtu.be/Rf0Qfdj9IoI
The boys grabbed their souvenirs for the day and off we go
Day 3 in the park- total success!
That night we were in the pool around 9:45 - yes, even vacation mom was in. The kids LOVE the water fall pool and it was PERFECT after a night in the park. The McCullough came down and we got to swap stories about our day's adventures - with a beer in hand.
The kids were exhausted and pool clean when we put them to bed.
Than WE stayed up chatting - it was our first night to really 'let loose'
After all the planning, early mornings, schedules - we were SO good about going to be. This night, we were NOT. We chatted and solved the worlds problems one at a time.
Matter of fact, our neighbor below mentioned he was going to call security (ever heard farrah and I after a few drinks
- we are loud -
lord help us when we are 80!)
When we heard our neighbor we looked at our watches - 2:30 - YIKES!
Time flies!!
Off to bed - - late!
Love good friends










No comments:
Post a Comment