Friday, March 4, 2016

I am 40!! Yikes!

There is something about that Birthday morning that feels SO special.  I wake up wanting to tell the WHOLE world its my birthday - just send a special thought my way - give me a virtual hug - or a real hug.  I was starting my morning early (since it was so easy to access my clothes and after removing the carpet - the ticking was VERY loud)  I came down stairs to Chris asking me to walk back upstairs.  Bless his heart - 
He was putting all these cards up that my sister had orchestrated
In each envelope was a memory written by family, neighbors, friends from school, college, the Army - what an act of LOVE - so excited to sit down and read all these!
But First, kids up and breakfast rolling - Chris had an early morning meeting, but prepped everything for me act of love!  
Nick was so sweet and dressed in his Michigan shirt for me - act of love!
Mother nature gave me a birthday gift with the beautiful snow falling and Kelly was willing to run in it - act of love!!  Beautiful morning!
Love this kind of snow
Meanwhile my father and husband were trying to find the best person possible to fix this ticking - Act of love!!!  The Duct whisperer entered into the Mix at 12 noon - He put some industrial strength bubble wrap in-between the metal Duct and the Nail clamp
Metal on metal rubbing never sounds good
Now its GONE!
And yes, I am VERY happy about that!
Off to lunch with my mother - what a treat - and act of love - our favorite lunch time restaurant and glass of wine =)!  Love this time with my mom - cannot believe she became a mom 40 years ago!! Imagine how far these birthday celebrations have come for her.
Glad we took this photo - it was green tea ice cream and the one candle I got to blow out (40 is WAY too many!)
The rest of the day continued on - I got to teach 1 lesson to 6 awkward 5th graders and LOVED it - Got out in time to head home and grab my gorgeous husband and hug my little guys.  My folks were babysitting while we head off to a happy hour.
Look at the beauty all around - 
Happy hour and here we are - How many years does this friendship go back - Geesh - 1990 - cheerleaders, latin class, etc.  we have stories!
Well than look who shows up - Molly lives in Avon and its because of this beautiful sole Megan that I even know her!  I was chatting WITH Molly when she walked into the bar - ALL THE WAY from Richmond - wow!
This is a friend who when I first met just a  year ago, I knew I liked her - something about her soul, her smile, who she is.  She is such a busy working momma that i was really touched she had the time to come out Friday night - Thanks Meg!  We get along so well, we wear the same jeans!
My neighbors came, my skiing buddies were there - Rebecca even with this flashy wine glass - I knew I would like her!!
Talk about busy momma - My sister came into the bar later that evening as well - all by herself.  She drove down from North Attleboro and stayed the night on our couch.  (When the boys saw her in the morning they were so excited, than bummed to learn she DIDN'T bring the kiddos with her)  I was able to snap just this one photo and we chatted early Saturday morning.  THANK YOU stacie for making me feel so loved.
Saturday morning and lets hit the slopes - This girl seriously makes everything possible.

They looks almost like the Leadbetters right??  I give them HUGE credit tackling the slopes.  We were able to outfit them with clothes and equipment and the mountain isn't far away which was REALLY helpful since they really just wanted a taste of the mountain.  So we did just that.

Than we grabbed some food and snuggled in for the evening!  Much more our speed!
Again, even washing our face is more fun together - 
Sunday morning was just glorious - slow morning, the kids WANTED to go outside and play - for HOURS - Seriously.  We stood in our kitchen just watching them and loving it - warm coffee in our hands.
It was sad to tear them apart when its time to head home - love this little line up and that it all worked out so well.  Megan, Kerry, Kallen and Nolan - We LOVED the time with you!  What a true treasure. 
As they were headed home, I started a birthday project - yup, a project....  operation paint.
Chicken Paprikash!  
Its what's for dinner and WOW was it an awesome dinner.  My father was sweet enough to make a 2nd batch - I enjoyed it for an entire MONTH!
When your wife has a birthday it can be EXHAUSTING.  I give HUGE credit to this guy - so keeping a secret, prepping the house, helping with the kids and all around pulling it all together.  He is so mild mannered and the best partner in life.  Thank YOU Chris for keeping us all pointed in the right direction this weekend.
Had to get one awesome family shot - of course Goomba was taking the photo.  This is the 3rd iteration of lights in the Shamrock that was made with love in Arizona!  Birthday weekend - HUGE success - YES YES YES, I felt the love.  100 million times.  
Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment