Thursday, March 3, 2016

Birthday Prep

Thursday morning and I get to pick out the kiddos clothes and THIS guy is a totally treat - he won the award for the most helpful this morning - well done!
Seriously Darling - I know - 
That night it was chilly - but not too cold.  After dinner I offered to take the boys skiing.
I have to say, this was THE BEST night we had ever been to sundown.  The conditions were AMAZING.  Well groomed.  The staff was SO kind and helpful and friendly.  We were at the top of Expedition while they were finishing up the grooming.  
EVERYONE was lined up ready to race down.  I was a bit nervous that that everyone included my boys - They too wanted to be first down the corduroy.  
So it begins.
After that they decided to try the Nastar Race.  
Nick had done it before and I was confident about his skills
Shane had too and he wanted to try it again.  Now its the 3rd guy I was SO hesitant about.....  I asked the lady at the booth if they needed to be 5...... nope.....
I asked a million times if he was sure.....  YUP
The guys behind me in line told me to just let him go....... (easier said)
The other guy in the shack offered to follow him down (so sweet)
So off he went
He LOVED it - was SO proud of himself  - want a feeling.  We even wanted to do it again.  The staff was so sweet and awarded metals to the boys and prices.  I had tears in my eyes knowing how brave they all were for such different ways.  When Drew crossed the finished line they were both waiting for him and cheering him on.
I honestly could have stayed at Sundown that night until they closed the lifts....  We did stay until 9, but it was time to get home.

I STINK at iMovie, (and at holding the phone steady) but here are some clips of our evening.

Meanwhile - my amazing husband was trying to accomplish my biggest birthday wish.  Make the ticking stop.  (we have been listening to ticking in our bedroom every time the heat or AC turns on.....sounds like water dripping - very annoying)  As we finally decide to rip open the carpet, Chris discovers, someone may have already tried to fix it....  
Now he is in - See that BIG silver Duct?
Wait, there are 2 of them!  Yes, that guy right there is amazing
Needless to say, at 10pm that night, nothing was fixed or finished, and now VERY loud - 
the upside is, I am VERY close to my clothes and should make for an easy birthday wake up tomorrow morning

No comments:

Post a Comment