Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A few days with the Charrons

My sister and Jason had a weekend in Texas for a family wedding - so when we came back from VA - our cousins were thrilled for some action (truth be told - so was Oma Sue!)  
Sunday morning the girls joined us for church
While I had the privilege of braiding their hair, Chris had the privilege of sitting between them during church - Seriously made my heart melt a bit.
We had a few BEAUTIFUL days - Monday being a really warm one.  SO I bought a bunch of water guns (yes, I may regret this later) and let the kiddos have at it.

Jackson was showing off his sweet undies
He has a thing for batman right now - 
My sister made it just in time for Gin and Tonics - on a Monday afternoon - now this is REAL LIFE!
Tuesday is Madison's Birthday!!  This sweet thing is 5 years old!  She runs at a different speed, a bit more reserved and really takes it in.  She has an affinity to her older cousin Nick
5 Candles for Madison!
She got to open her gifts with us and it was so neat to see her really appreciate everything.  Girls really do take it all in.  Nick surprised us with a gift of his own.  He wrote her a sweet card and than pulled money from his own piggy bank for her.  Yes, tears - 

We are really getting used to spending time with our cousins on a more regular basis.  The kids still get along just great.  Drew loved his time with Riley and Maddie - matter of fact, after they left he told me we need more girls around here (Amen brother!)

I think it may stem from a conversation I happen to overhear where Madison was telling Drew how strong she thought he was.  I honestly wasn't sure what he had done to demonstrate his strength and to him it was no big deal - he even responded by saying - Maddie, you could do it too - to which she quickly said = No I couldn't - you are very strong!  SO stinking cute - 

I could have listened to them all morning!
Apparently they were more than willing to listen to Riley as she read a few chapters from the magic Tree house
Thanks Stosh for making it all possible - we loved seeing you - Stosh and i even scooted away for a coffee date Wednesday morning.  2 Hours isn't too far away - truth be told, I won't mind if they were closer +)!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment