Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The story of 3 different mornings

3 Different boys being raised under the SAME roof - the same parents - and yet so wonderfully amazingly different.

7am - they all need to be up, so how does it start?

1 - I pop into Nick's room first (he is the oldest and seems to take the LONGEST to get ready - but if he were ready quickly, he can also be the most helpful and has been known to actually MAKE eggs) so I start there.  Sometimes he is already up, fluttering around looking for a little direction.  Sometimes he just needs that added push to get out of bed.

2 - I walk into Shane's room, slowly open the blinds, watch his little body curl back pulling the covers further over his head.  I REALLY want to crawl in there with him as he is tremendously cuddly.  I peel back the covers just a bit, he reaches one arm out and hugs my neck (something he has done since he was a baby when we would take him out of the crib).  He is VERY slow to get ready, but doesn't ind at all if I dress him real quick.  Than he methodically brushes his teeth and continues on with the morning (way more focused than the older one)

3 - Wonder why this guy is last?  Well, the biggest reason is he doesn't have to get on the 8pm bus - but in reality I would prefer to let him sleep - because now I get the shouting - keep my blinds shut - I want to pick my clothes out - only the green shirt.......  geesh, sometimes I walk out of there wanting to walk back into Shane's room - 

THERE IS SOMETHING to BIRTH ORDER!

LORD helps us next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment