One of those weekend that I just want to remember - not for any crazy reason, but just for how it was.
It started rainy and dreary on a Friday -
Last October I discovered there are horses within a few miles of our house - How? Because their granddaughter came by my house for Halloween (she is in college) - than I saw a small carriage drawn by a horse, riding along the Farmington River. I needed to find this place - in my past I have ridden horses in Germany and Missouri that just needed riding - maybe this could by my place!
You would never know it existed.
I rode UP HILL for a solid mile and discovered this
Beautifully manicured
This guy is who I was really looking for - I wasn't able to get too close this time...
Another beauty
A HUGE riding barn
Yes, I got to meet a few of the folks that worked there AND muck out a stable - just one... I helped to bring a few horses and got to brush one too+) He let me take a quick selfie to remember our morning!
Later that day I met Chris half way and delivered a laser measuring tool - and managed to snap a few fall photos I want to treasure
Probably would have been better earlier in the week when it was bright and sunny and 80 degrees - but I didn't get there - clearly I am not perfect.
See the little tractor down there?!?!
Love the back drop
That Dreary afternoon we opted to cook meatball subs and have 2 of our favorite families over for dinner - I asked them to play a few games - when was the last time you bobbed for apples?
Love that Frankie was standing guard (its a tough neighborhood =)
Jonah dove right in for apples -
And came up short - boo
This photo is hysterical as Rebecca is actually holding Drew's hair back, not holding his face underwater as it appears....
Next up Donuts - try them to a string and have the kiddos chew them off - YUM right - lots of different techniques
Drew got a little assistance from Antony
Got 4 of them trying here =)
The night was great, the kiddos got a movie and the adults got to chat - even about politics - great conversation and fun friends. Perfect way to spend a Friday night (a little late in the evening)
BUT..... since it rained all night, all soccer was cancelled!!
Yeah!!
We all turned the alarms off and slept in =)! It was glorious.
Just a few little errands, some hair cutting and another movie -
Loved loved loved this lazy day
Chris even busted out the flannel to be extra snuggly
3 hair cuts - no clipper - time to grow it out while they still can.
Sunday starts busy family time. The boys slept in while I got a run with Meg - exactly how I want to start the day! Dressed for church and than to my favorite fall place - Stratton brook
It was the kind of day I wanted to keep taking photos
Look at these cuties!!
Was almost thinking we could get a christmas card photo in there...
Thought this one was a winner until we checked out the middle guy..... rather telling of this year....
Love
Love love
Love
Now to our Soccer star back on the field - he loved it and raced all over the ball - clearly excited to be back playing with his team.
Unstoppable little guy!
Rather telling of what these guys do while Nick plays - they play too, just differently
Since Nick's game was in Wethersfield I texted the Hriberniks to see if they were around to grab pizza or something - well they invited us over and it was great catching up - Awesome dinner they orchestrated and felt so great to chill with them!
Since it had been so long since we had seen each other (being 40 minute apart there really isn't an excuse!!)
Next plans Michigan vs OSU for Thanksgiving!! WHOOT WHOOT
Love love love weekends like this!







No comments:
Post a Comment