Monday, October 10, 2016

Time with the McCulloughs

Now for our time together.  Over the passed 6 months Farrah has been devoting so much time, love and presence with her mother as she bravely battles cancer (which is now gone, however its the pneumonia that has taken over).  Her mother lives in California so the commute is not a simple one.  She has agonized over time, tickets and so much else.  When I saw our calendar and knew we had 5 days off of school, I honestly prayed over where we should go, where we should be.  When Farrah had another trip to CA and was schedule to leave Sunday morning, I asked Brian if it would be helpful for me to come down and help with the kiddos on Tuesday and Wednesday (since they were off Monday)  He loved the idea and wanted to surprise Farrah with our arrival.  

Although the surprise didn't go off as he planned (he told her at 6:30 am about a week before and sent her to tears believing her mother had passed - clearly we need to work on his delivery.  It instantly gave her something new to focus on.  With all her traveling and time.  I honestly missed Farrah so much and selfishly this gave me time to be in her world. and have the kiddos be together.  
Love seeing things like this.  Nick and Tates school shoes.  Different sizes, but very much the same.
Our rainy morning chat at the archery range - 
Tate was manning the Bows and arrows while Nick stood by as a good buddy just happy to be included.
Saturday was a nice rainy day and as a treat, Farrah too ME to the greatest thrift store ever!  We came home to a chill evening with early to bed as he morning included a very early departure.
We got up and got the kiddos ready for Church.  I was happy to take the 5 of them and see what their Sunday morning was like.  Chris and Brian went off biking and met up with me at a great little fest (very German of us!)
My guy before he has to head back to CT
They had grape mashing which I thought would surely be a hit - but nope - no one wanted to do it.  Not even the Drew man.
We almost had them interested in pottery, but didn't stay long enough.
These guys fit right into the fest scene.  Delicious food and time to head back.  Chris's folks offered to pop by Sunday afternoon to say hi and take Chris to the airport.  
Monday morning and with everyone home - what was my treat??  Popping Tags with these girls! - 
You guessed it - at the Thirft store again.  Now everything was 1/2 off - I mean seriously!
Than we grabbed the kiddos and went looking or some simple pumpkin farms
Even found the famous wooden playground (after just a few tries)
You bet best friends Dress alike!
Dinner at the Wisneski's with everyone.  Loved just being there with them all and amazed by the ease Diane put it all together!  Crazy that I didn't take a simple picture - even crazier that this guy doesn't remember it - AT ALL.  We came home that night and he asked me the oddest series of questions.  Repeating himself.  asking again if we were going home.  Are we going to school.  I had him call Chris and just talk to him.  I heard him ask chris twice if he got any eggs for the chickens.  Shane told me Nick fell off their scooter and smacked his head on the concrete.  Nick confirmed the story as did the knot on her head.  I will admit - I was scarred and just not sure what to do - I just knew he wasn't right.  After talking to Chris and our Pediatrician we headed to the ER - where they confirmed he had a concussion. Time to really lay low.  Poor sweet Nick.
Tuesday morning the kids went off to school and I tried to hold down the fort - and clearly suck at my job as sister wife - I can't even manage to be home for wine delivery?!
Diane and I were off Ikea Shopping while Nick took a break with Grandma and Grandpa.
Need any decorating ideas?




That afternoon I switch Nick for Drew who had the special treat of staying the night with Grandma and Grandpa while I had the big kids.  Nick spent just an hour at school with Tate doing Robotics and than just a bit on the play ground (hardest part is keeping this guy chill!!)  They were goofy together but than all had moment like these that I love sharing with Farrah.
We had vegetable soup and Brian cooked an amazing adult meal while we caught up on SNL - 
Wednesday meant it was time for us to head home.  I was passing the torch back to Brian who I know hod it covered.  I just hoped to give him a day or 2 break.  The kids woke up slowly and mine even came up hoping they hadn't missed the bus departure.  Here they are on the steps being as goofy as they were that morning.
Love how these guys are together and thankful for this very special time.  Now in the car for a simple 6 hour drive back and headed to Zoo gym to teach body pump tonight!  Yes, I know how to pack a schedule!!  Thank you to the McCulloughs for letting us be part of your life!  Our prayers are constantly with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment