Sunday, April 11, 2010

chillin with Shane

We mounted a fancy glass 'to do' list our entry way - it has rules - You can only put something on the other person's list if you have crossed something off yours.  Just a little nugget for family taskings....

This weekend Chris REALLY wanted to travel.  But - note above - our to do lists were filled with little things as part of Spring cleaning and planting... in addition, Diane and I signed our families up for the 5K on Patch - so as not to waste money and in the name of exercise, we went.  The boys ran for an hour before the race and than were tasked with the double joggers for race time.  Diane and I were not interested in hearing them complain about not getting a god work out!.

Later that day we headed to downtown stutgart (using public transportation) in search of Lederhosen for Chris & Wayne and Drindle dresses for Diane & I.  Spring fest (the Ocktober fest of Suttgart) is right around the corner and after being here a year, its time to fit in.  Thanks to the Schucks, Shane and Nicholas are already all set! photos to come for sure!  As the story goes, we found the perfect outfits, but wanted to make sure they were the best, so during our additional search, the perfect store closed.  Have I mentioned before that Germans are not all about making the sale!?  We had a wonderful dinner outside at the Pauliner (froze our little fingers off) and headed home via train and bus.  Both boys fell asleep in the stroller - oh how I love the Phil and Ted - let me count the ways

Here's my little Shaney Roo - giving you guys a shout out.  He still amazes me that he is such a happy dude.



Chris captured this one and is convinced it should be recorded to put the rest of us to sleep - its Shane snoring in the stroller and quite theraputic.

1 comment:

  1. Shane you are too funny and perfect for the Monday morning perk up! I cannot wait to meet your little happy self :)

    XOXO CC

    ReplyDelete