Ever have that feeling when things are 'some what' under control. You can tackle the average mission. Then, somehow life decides to toss you another struggle to set you out of your comfort level.....
Just the other day I was talking to Diane about the two things I need with me at any time to make any situation better. My reply - my Iphone and my water bottle (that chelcy keeps me supplied with as you can only get it at the HEB - I have had the same two for over a year)
Well you guessed it. My Iphone is MIA. Yup, I am quite convinced I left it at the local park. I have called it over 1 million times. I just came back from riding to the park in the dark on my husband's bike (that I cleaned for him today - and no, I cannot touch the pedals while sitting on the seat so yes it was uncomfortable) The phone is no longer ringing through so I am assuming someone found it, picked it up and is loving some Iphone interaction - maybe some good tunes, maybe a little identity theift - who knows. But I should have seen it coming.
This morning after dropping Nick at kindergarden, Shane and I drove to our gym. HUGE sign out front saying closed for cleaning from 19 April - 23 April (seriously, there is NO way I could have missed that last week) I swear they put it up today. Since when do they need an entire week to clean a gym and pool? The workers were rocking out to brittany spears as they were cleaning - guess that is good motivation for the next 5 days.
I recently found a cleaning lady - Please understand how difficult that is!! For some reason asking around for a cleaning lady has caused me anxiety. German's live in modest houses. They often share levels with families (meaning the grandparents live downstairs, Kids with their kids upstairs etc...) They had houses down through generations. Apartments are rather common and homeownership is not. So, I already feel like the greedy American as we have the entire house (that you all need to visit). Now of course its too big that I need someone to help me clean it!! I always make sure to have Shane on my hip as I casually bring up the topic to someone I think might be on my wave length. Well I finally found an awesome lady who told me she has had a cleaner for years and she wold be happy to get a number for me.... Well......
she was supposed to come Friday. What does the average person do before the cleaning lady is due to arrive? Yup, they DONT clean. Where is my cleanng lady..... Well, I called Friday evening when I was crushed that she didn't show (let me remind you, she doesn't speak english and I have no idea how much she charges.... She just lives in my town, came recommended and seemed like an effecient lady, in my10 minute meeting with her) So those calls were very difficult and hung up the phone not knowing if I was closer to getting her back or losing her - I think I was talking with her husband. Come to find out today - she is stuck in Turkey.
So now, if anyone asks me - do you know anyone affected by the Volcanic ash - I will invite them to my house.
Please don't call or text my Iphone as I and it are in morning....
Phew - thanks for letting me vent. Now I am realizing all my music is downloaded, my contacts merged. All I need to do is change ALL my passwords and spend a fortune on an unlocked Iphone that I will surely break in the next 30 days. Sounds like a simple process. Happy Shopping to me....

all I can say is ouch...I promise Jason and I do not have it. Do you want mine??? I think I can 'lose it' and have our insurance take care of it... interested?
ReplyDelete