Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finding the time to celebrate

Sometimes you really do need to make time to celebrate!

I purchased a bottle of Don Perion Champagne in 2001.  I was on a staff ride and we were going thrugh Nice France.  As I purcased it, I thought of how exciting it will be to finally pop the top, little did I know the pressure of making sure the celebration was worthy of the bottle. 

Since I purchased the bottle, the following events have occured.....  Keep in mind, these are the big ones -

Bought a house in Febraury 2003
Got married in July 2003
Chris returned from Iraq after 15 months deployed February 2005
Built a house in 2006
Nick was born November 2006
Moved to Germany 2009
Shane was born October 2009


That bottle moved from Germany, Missouri, Texas, Texas, and BACK to Germany.  What was I afraid of?  They will make more champagnefor further celebrations!




Seriously, we never stopped to celebrate?  Well we finally put it in the fridge to chill and cracked it open Thursday night.  We even thought of waiting until after the munchkins were in bed - but than do we really need to wait one more second?? 

Cheers!
Its been a great ride - hope this encourages you to pop the top on a long over due nice bottle of something!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, and I think we all tend to save certain things for a special enough moment. I'm glad you finally popped that Dom! How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Donnie had been saving a huge bottle that we got as a wedding present. We have moved it and even put it in storage several times! I like you have inspired me to pop the top on it!

    ReplyDelete