One of the many reasons we love Germany is they really know how to party. Even if you really aren’t ‘in the mood’ walking into the world’s largest beer fests on a Sunday afternoon, hearing the music pumping, watching the rides spinning and seeing the kids grinning, you can’t help but feel the German love. Now what exactly is German love quantified in a substance? Well beer of course!
After Shane’s birthday we opted to head to the fest. Obviously, we were not the only ones there……. The sky was just beautiful. Before we left, Chris and I debated the lederhosen option. We decided not to, however, nick was all about it! He loves his lederhosen. As he put it on, he told us he loves putting his hands in his shorts – as he did that, he grinned and said – “and I can feel my pee pee!” Sweet! Off we go! The evening was filled with Nick rides. Bumper cars is always a favorite
Lots of folks opted to 'dress up' so many, that I would think we looked out of place.
This is our first iteration of the 'car roller coaster' at this point nick was scoping out which cars we would LOVE to ride in
Shane was disappointed by the height restrictions
Top choice - the Ferrari. We weighted 3 iterations for this car. One other boy did too. Sweet ride!
Who can resist the porsche?
After several turns on the cars (we waited 3 iterations just to get the Ferrari), Nick and I headed to the Log flume. We waited in line for a bit and as we did, I was wondering if he was just a bit young. Right before we boarded a child clearly older than nick, was leaving and just bawling!. Thankfully only affected mom as nick hopped right in the log. We sat in front, during the first ‘drop’ Nick enjoyed it, but told me it scared him. Needless to say, a drop 3 times that size was right around the corner. I gave him a super big hug and down we went. His face got all wet, but he loved it. I figured it would be joy, or I would have scarred him for life!! Thankfully he is one brave dude!
A little love from your brother
One more snack before we join the masses on the train
Later in the week, Chris and Brian headed to the fest without kids. Walking into the tents, hearing the music and seeing all the folks makes you want to grab a liter mug of beer, and another, and another an another. Thankfully the tents close at 11:30. The boys tried to navigate the train system home (amoung thousands of other Germans) but ended up in a location where the trains were actually done for the night. Thankfully a taxi dumped them at our house. Great night boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment