Monday, October 11, 2010

A weekend in Lindau (and around lake constance)

 Its Columbus day weekend and although Chris's company doesn't observe the holiday, Nick's soccer team does!  Since we wouldn't be missing a game, we opted to take a weekend at lake Constance - about 2 hours away.  A year ago, Chris's folks spent a weekend in Lindau (as they were out helping with our new little baby Shane)  I loved being there and imagining them enjoying a few days of touring around as well. 

Nick cannot resist a train!
 Shane can still take a nap on the go!
 Want this photo for a black and white
 We walked from our hotel back down to the port later that evening.  Nick rode his bike for over an hour!  He loves it (thankfully)  That night we met up with his buddies (Casey and Vivian)  Its amazing how we can have buddies all over Europe!  We had a nice dinner with them and took the train home
 Love the lighting of this photo - its the port in Lindau
 Sunday morning we drove home via another town on the lake called Meersburg.  Beautiful little town.  The flower boxes were still over flowing with blumes
 REALLY odd, statue or something here....  I tried to get Pauli to pose in front of it.  I guess I should look it up to see what it all means....  Maybe not.
 Seriously?
 Nick, Posing
 We thought the flowers and vines were just amazing on this hotel
 Me and my man Shane
A little leaf throwing

No comments:

Post a Comment