Sunday, October 31, 2010

Soccer Star

Nick REALLY enjoys soccer.  He enjoys the process.  The jersey, putting on the shin guards, grabbing his ball and running out to great the coach.  Now of course, getting the ball and scoring during game time is another story (however, during our drive to his most recent game he did tell Chris and I that he intended to score a goal....  he got a few kicks in, but a goal, not yet....)


Saturday morning we took a brief break for a family 10k run (originally the plan was for Nick to bike it, however after a 5K failure, we figured the stroller was a better bet….)  with the fall ‘weather change’ we all have a bit of a cough.  After a night of minimal sleep, it was actually quite nice to force all of us outta bed to complete a 10K.  During the 1st 5k I was thinking how thankful I was to have a husband who didn’t consider a little runny nose and cough something worth staying home for….  During the 2nd 5k, I may have changed my tune (especially once I realized the Mile markers were Kilometer markers!)


After such a busy day, its nice to chill with a good buddy

Of course we didn't have dinner planned so off we went in search of a good meal.  Shame enjoyed a few games too.


No comments:

Post a Comment