Sunday, July 10, 2011

28 weeks --- who's counting?

So here is that bellie shot for the record books. Life as a pregnant lady isn't too bad. That 26/27 week back pain has seemed to take a 'back' seat which is fabulous. I surely still get tired more often, but that's normal (just frustrating). The difference in this pregnancy is in May I was diagnosed as being beta strep G positive. That with contractions, I have be taking meds (in a variety of methods) to help with the infection and stop the contractions as it seems one of their concerns is premature labor. Having never been in any type of risk category this was a bit unnerving for me. Especially since there really isn't much I can do about it. The dr.s are wonderful and I think they often error on the conservative side. However their ability to fully explain the meds, concerns, and 'going forward' notes leaves me with more questions.

Thankfully we have a significantly successful OBGYN dr. On Chris's side of the family. I took the time to write to Anne last week with my ultra sound photos and prescription notes. She wrote back instantly putting me at ease with what I knew to be true, I just wanted to hear the American take... That email was forwarded to my mom as she is having anxiety and as we all look forward to 4 weeks together at camp Carlson we want to make sure all is well.

It looks like my prescription for compression stockings (coming back in style!) will be all I will need. That and the helpful hands of my best friend from college, Nicole! I remember originally planning our stateside flight being early in my pregnancy thinking, sure it will be nice to have Nicole and her husband Chris on my flight-now it's become rather essential and I couldn't be more thankful to have their helpful hands during the 8 hour leg from Frankfurt to Detroit. My mom will meet me in Detroit where we will spend 2 quick days with my aunt and uncle and exploring on the streets of the beloved city, Ann arbor! I will save the rest of the story for a blog at a later date;)

So cheers - Like the glass?  Its from Cougar Town, a show Chelcy got me into, and Farrah sent the glass.  It can fit an ENTIRE bottle of wine.  They recommend a 1/4 glass at this stage of pregnancy.  Looks like I am using the correct glass.  hahaha!  Thanks ladies for knowing me too well



Now here is the best way to enjoy these weeks of my pregnancy, as a life guard! We do have an awesome pool in neuhausen, however I feel there will be days when just life guarding in my back yard will be the best. So nick and I went to Real together (Walmart in Germany) and purchased this pool and slide. Sweet!!







Time to welcome the summer!



I am very fortunate to have such a helpful husband. I know after working all day it's hard to come home and jump into family life, so it never seizes to amaze me at how quickly he strips off his sweaty bike clothes (his bike ride, when he doesn't pop a tire or wade through mud-both of which he did this week-is his true therapy) and hops in with dinner, baths, or bed routine. When I watch him do this, my thoughts of going back to work anytime soon diminish. On a daily basis I catch myself NOT rushing Shane as he ambles down the 20 stairs at the post office, or when nick can't seem to put his clothes on (again!) etc... I think they enjoy having me in a more relaxed place and for now, it's best for all of us. Life is always changing, and I am currently enjoying the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment