On Sunday we coordinated to meet with some of my favorite college buddies and have a little picnic on the diag. It was a muggy michigan day, but the kids loved running around while we got to catch up. 5 of us, 8 kids! Yikes, how did that happen.... Yes, we know.....
So here they are! Vito and Shane, me, Nicole and Michele.

Here are the 8 kids - I would love for you to link them up with their mothers, but let me help you out (starting at the top left) Jack (Nicole), Abby (Michele), Luke (Michele), Jake (Michele), Lane (Nicole), Sam (Nicole) and if you have been reading my blog you know Nick and Shane are my two little ones.. Jack and Nick - thanks for the big smiles! You boys win!

We checked out the M on the Diag

I didn't make them polish it this time....

Maybe next time.

Love this photo, Shane, Shane and Sara. At one point we were walking over together and I was telling nick about the awesome convertible corvette that Shane drives. Nick turned around in the stroller looking at his brother Shane asking him when the heck he got a car!! Loved it!

I love how your personality fit among a certain group of friends may never change. You may not the the sarcastic one anymore - but when with these guys, you better step it up again. Nicole made a comment on how we were such a nice blend of cool, jocks, nerds, popular etc... this of us on North Campus know where those chips fall. But for me - I couldn't love this crew anymore. We were missing a few that day - but trust me - if you weren't there, we were thinking of you!!
So here is Nick spinning the cube

Of course we had to grab a few more Michigan T-Shirts. As we were in the store each picking out a shirt, Nick asked me if he could have a hat too - little did he know, he could have asked me for ANYTHING in the store and I would have said absolutely! So here he is in his new M hat - Shane got the ball =)

The stadium is totally new since I had last visited the amazing place. We wanted to investigate, but sadly it was closed (unless we paid $6,000 to get married there - yes, you have seen the article)

Check out the gizumbotran (HUGE SCREEN) under construction back there - why watch the field?

Right in front of the M

I wanted to post these pictures as well, obviously I didn't take them - but this is what i remember the stadium looking. It was huge, but unassuming as you didn't know how HUGE it was until you walked in and heard the roar of the crowd

This is what it looks like now - yes, I guess it was a matter of time before michigan wanted the 'grander' exterior.

Lots of red brick and lots of grand.
Seats almost 114,000 folks - it feels amazing being just 1 in that stadium.

After the stadium - we headed to Good time Charlies (an old place of employment for myself and Alaine) to get their famous count twists - while we waited, we HAD to enjoy some Stucchi's Ice Cream (dessert first!) Nick has never ordered anything BUYT chocolate - however today he couldn't resist the super man option!

Check out that blue tongue!

Here we are picking up dinner!

The day ended with some playtime at Nicoles house a mere 3 miles from Campus

Its amazing, within 24 hours we went from enjoying wine on my back porch in Germany to watching the kids ride the jeep in her front yard. Good friends really can span the miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment