Sunday, July 17, 2011

What a performer...


Bet you thought I was talking about one of my kids... Nope, Bon jovi!! Hahahaha right? Well, as Chris was driving home from work Wednesday night he heard a Bon Jovi ticket give away trivia. Being the thoughtful hubby he called me to make sure I knew he was touring, I quickly looked it up and sure enough, Jon Bon Jovi would be playing Saturday night at an outdoor venue in Mannheim (a little over an hour away). So how do we get there? Chris offered to stay home with the dudes and I sent an email out to my buddies to see who was interested a night with Jon as I volunteered to be the DD. (I remember seeing an old high school friend of mine whitney posting about being at a bon Jovi concert 35 weeks pregnant!! So what's stopping me!!). Kelly and her sister where totally game! They scored the tickets and off we went.

We walked in and checked out the yummy food and drink venues and than realized it was time to find a seat. Folks were sitting really anywhere. It was almost disappointing as we were so far back and totally crowded. After standing for a bit wondering 'is this it' we had to find the bathroom. Great idea which yielded much better seats!! We could see everything and not at all crowded.













The night was just beautiful. The weather held out with only a few rain drops.

I love how Bon jovi performs. Anything from 'bad medicine' (which yes, I wish they all walked out looking like the big hair band that they were 15 years ago, but I am dating myself.) to 'It's my life' here's the video, and yes, this time I opted to leave out my singing... I didn't have enough beers to think I was that good.



YouTube Video

Heres a taste of their old stuff... Now those are the days right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMKgvFy6JtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My favorite song of the night was their cover of hallelujah. I loved his passion, but I truly enjoyed being enveloped by a crowd that was simply singing every word. I'm sure this video doesn't do it justice ( my card actually filled up cutting it short) but listen to end end as you can hear the crowd. It will serve as a warm reminder to me.



YouTube Video

Here is a more professional recording of the song from Madison square garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fN6CtukfEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player


He went from this into 'living on a prayer' and ended with 'love is the only rule'. We joined the crowded streets and headed for home. Kelly chatted with me the whole way home! Thank you, thank you! I walked into a sleeping family and climbed into bed at 1:45, great night. This morning I heard about their adventures to the fish fest in Stuttgart (not where this pregnant lady wants to be). Thanks to Chris for sending me out and thanks to Kelly, Cory and of course Jon for a memorable night!

1 comment:

  1. I heard he was going to be nearby and immediately wondered if you'd be going - so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete