Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 26 and solo

On Monday Chris headed out to join the golfing crew in St. Andrews Scotland. His flight was 2 hours. His father, my father, his uncle Alex, our brother-in-law Jason and a close family friend Don Hazen would all be joining him after much longer stateside journeys. (more photos to come!)

I planned this birthday celebration for Chris months ago. (before I was even pregnant) as my plan included my mom being out of school and joining me in Germany! Guess that's what I get for getting knocked-up. I am much more in need of her help this fall;) so she stayed in CT and enjoyed a week with my sister and her sweet girls.

I tried to keep busy and not wear myself out, not easy to do! It was hot hot hot in Germany!! Nick and I slept in the basement together (the best air conditioning) one night as he was asleep rolling around behind me, I could feel our other little boy rolling in a different direction (inside my bellie). What a sweet moment.

Now speaking of belie gymnastics, this little one is full of them.   Seriously? 26 weeks! But let me tell you, it feels like 36. I'm tired by the end of the day (and sometimes the end of the day is 10am....) Pour Chris stays up solo must nights as i cannot keep my eyes open. The little one feels HUGE and boy is he moving. This is the stage where there must be TONS of room in my belly becuase he isn't just kicking, he is doing gymnastics. I do enjoy feel the little one move and even Nick has enjoyed a kick or two. He is too cute rubbing the bellie and talking about life with the new baby......



 
I promised myself I would slow down and enjoy this final pregnancy, but why in the pace of life is that just impossible?? My doctor keeps reminding me that every pregnancy is different and I may just have to be more careful this time as I have been feeling contractions and have had a few other complications.

 
I love teaching body pump as i have the most wonderful ladies (and sometimes men) in my class. They love seeing my bellie get bigger and I have even attracted some pregnant ladies too. Even one who is on the same week as I.  Maybe I have given her a bit of the 'drive on' spirit as we both struggle through limitations and back pain together - but I love her enthusiasim as well.  We all need eachother right?

My 'me time' this week was the Aveda salon and my favorite place of relaxation. Nick snapped this photo of me with the iPhone. I feel like I actually look relaxed in it. I need to keep it around as a reminder;)



After this photo, I actually scooped the kids up and headed to the memingen airport (by munich) on our way to Edinburg, Scotland, this is our stateside training flight. It's only 2 hours 20 minutes, so perfect for me to get out the kinks before hopping the 8 hour flight with Nicole (who I couldn't be more thankful to be traveling with!!)

Alright, onto St. Andrews....

No comments:

Post a Comment