Sunday, October 30, 2011

Two peas in a pod - or bad influence??

On Wednesday we had a little list of things to knock out for the day - one being a possible steering team meeting on Panzer. i was hoping to figure out the logistics of dropping of the kids at kindi and heading onto post. But first, I had to recycle all the wine bottles that were clogging our entry way.

And that's when I spotted it, a junk pile, broken shelves.... but in every junk pile is a treasure right? O.k. not every pile. But I saw 2 matching dressers. A closer look revealed that each dresser had 3 working drawers (I just had to find them). I instantly started the internal battle of - do i take them, or are they really trash... what would Chris say... will they fit in the mini.... Can I lift them.....

They won’t fit, so I needed to ‘regroup’ at home.  Thankfully my second opinion was awaiting me =)  I surprised Barbara who had just gotten home from dropping off Nick.  I asked her if she wanted to join me in a junking run.  She was thrilled, the perfect partner!!  Off we went.  We reconfigured the mini to fit these two dressers. 

After securing our loot and heading back home, we spotted another pile – this one contained the crème de la crème!!  We literally rushed home, off loaded our dressers and hurried back before anyone else could snag it.  As we walked up, part of me hope there was a HUGE scratch or something that would deter us (seriously, what am I going to say to Chris)  but it was perfect.  For where, I don’t know, but we had to have it!!

In our defense, we looked at a few other junking piles and determined those were just junk. Our selective taste found the diamonds =)!

Chris came home and we had him ‘discover’ our treasures… he rolled his eyes, but secretly I think he likes them all!!

Later that weekend, Barbara was out walking with Shane when they were approached by the sweetest little kitty – who even opted to ride at the bottom of the stroller for a bit. After telling Chris about this he quickly told her, she can bring home furniture – no pets!!

Thanks Barbara, we make a great team =)

No comments:

Post a Comment