Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

We were lucky to be on the small end of hurricane sandy - but as with any big event - the lead up is often the most essential right?  After trick or treating at the shops on Sunday (thinking we might not be able to on Wednesday night).  

We headed over to Teresa's and Caz for our last pre-hurricane dinner.  She had a yummy Halloween craft for the kids- pudding and Oreo s= Frankenstein =YUMMY
The feirce Lion scaled some more steps
We walked home from their house that evening in the rain - all we could think was... here it comes....  I wish this view was better as you could see all the patio furniture still on the patios!!  I took ours in as i didn't want it to be in someones else's living room - guess others weren't so concerned
Monday night we all opted to sleep downstairs in case of high winds.  The funny part is, will all my hurricane prep, I forget to take down my beloved wind chimes.  At 1 AM, Chris took those down.  I am guessing that is the part of hurricane prep that HE will not forget =)!
The boys loved the tent camping.  They had 2 days of school cancelled.  Chris had an afternoon of work at home - but life resumed as normal for us Wednesday morning.  Our hearts go out to the folks in NJ and NY who weren't so fortunate

No comments:

Post a Comment