Cute face - yeah right -
The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
That is life with Drew.
How many times to I hand him his sippy cup to have him take a sip and than spike it on the floor? (20 times at dinner) How many different food options do I bring to the table hoping that one will fill his belly to keep him napping longer (5 sometimes) none work
What is his nap time ritual? (necklace one, light out, SUPER dark, sound machine, fan, main fan through home) CHECK.... 45 munute nap - WHAT???
Why do I shower at the gym? This morning I tested that and showered at home only to reconfirm. - I washed my hair with one hand and held the shower door closed with the other - yes, Drew thinks the shower is some kind of fun play area - yes, I put him outside of the bathroom and asked Nick and Shane to entertain him.... after 2 minutes Nick opened the door and tossed Drew back in saying Drew wanted to be with me... what?!?!)
Barbara was here on Thursday helping with the chaos that is dinner. As he tossed everything on the floor to include his cup COUNTLESS times she looked at me totally understanding my frustration and said - tomorrow he will be older. The good thing - as I looked around the table - neither Nick or Shane were 'spiking' their milk glass on the floor - so at some point, this will change.
Probably not tomorrow.
But hopefully the next day.
In case you were wondering - yes, Chris is still traveling.
Time for one of those cup straps...tie to chair at length shorter than distance to the floor. Without a bang, maybe he'll stop...or at least you will have something to try! See 'One Step Ahead' to order. Hang in there, we all know how painful this stage is and you are doing great :-)
ReplyDelete