Thursday, February 7, 2013

Getting Desperate

Saturday and Sunday were both rather grey days with snow flurries randomly during the day which was wonderful to watch.  Hitting my limits Friday night(Teresa and I checked the boys into the gym just so we could talk - not even think about working out)  I made a request for a cycling sub for Saturday morning, figuring I might have the motivation to get the boys out the door early, I might have the motivation for 40 spinners - but once that was over - I might be outta motivation....non-ideal.....A lazy morning at home was good for all of us.  

Later that afternoon we opted to tackle the mall purely for the train and some ice cream - no shopping
It was an adventure - but I would give it a C (probably because I didn't shop..)
Thankfully our next step was a kindergarten birthday party at Pump it up.  Not only did the family open their arms to my 2 additional 'bouncers' but Drew showed signs of getting desperate too - 

I am so glad I took this photo.
This is not Goomba or Grandpa Wyland - This is the birthday boy Adam's grandpa.  Drew found him during the party and sat with him - SEVERAL times.  The grandpa was so sweet and loving and he said he enjoyed Drew's sweet little presence.  (Amen!)  During the chaos of pizza at the party, Drew found Grandpa again.  I final caught a photo.  Goomba and Grandpa Wyland - Drew misses you too!

Sunday morning we ventured out to our local Fireman's monthly breakfast as recommended to me by our buddies (who entertained me that evening well into the night).  Valeria helped out with the kids.  We all had a great breakfast which made for some legendary cuddle time with Shane on the circle chair watching the snow fall.  I hope to never forget that moment!

A little skyping with Farrah, Tate and Macy as last year we were watching super bowl with them (at a MUCH more reasonable time!).  Superbowl at home with the boys.  I watched the entire thing!  First time in a long time.

Monday was one more day and Chris arrived after we were all curled up in bed.  A rare quiet house to come home to.  Tuesday began life as normal - parenting is truly wonderful with 2 =)!


No comments:

Post a Comment