Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A simple afternoon with the Cherry blossoms

Cherry blossoms are at their peak and we are 45 minutes away.  Should we pull the kids from school or just make an afternoon of it.  With Teresa and our navigation we opted to spend Tuesday soaking in the blooms.

First a parking spot - not easily done - but DONE!
next a little strolling
Some hang out time
A few photos of course
My favs.

Nice double chin Shane



After a picnic dinner we explored the FDR memorial.  Nick had his smiling face on.  Among all the chaos - he had a smile.  kinda funny really.
See what I mean?
Honestly I wish I had more time to digest the FDR memorial.  I will have to go back with a Rick Steve's podcast or something.  But with the kids I thought it was best to just capture what I thought were some powerful quotes.
Smiling Nick and hiding Caz
More quotes

Ah, the Jefferson - seriously, there is an awe-inspiring monument at every corner.
O.k, back to the blossoms
I love this photo of the beautiful family.  Mostly because with the CROWDS of folks it was no easy feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment