Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Surviving spring break (and kinda enjoying it!)

Spring break can mean so many things - family vacation - time away from school and routine.  but sometimes ... for a stay at home mom of 3 it can mean CRAZY.  My mom being a school teacher for years likes to make fun of me for this anxiety....  they are my kids ...  right - so lets hit pinterest on some indoor events as it will be chilly)  and super simple dinners and ENJOY!  

Coming back from Massanutten I was a sad our little family escape was over.  Chris headed off to work and there we were with a mountain of laundry and snowy yuck outside (yes I said yuck as its spring - we are done with this stuff) a map of nothing on the 'to do with your kids' list.  Thankfully there is happiness in numbers.

Let the chaos begin.

Tuesday morning its inflatable mecca play land with SEVERAL other kids and mom's with the same idea.  The boys had a blast!  As I rounded the corner I found this super cute moment of Drew and Ms T.
Teresa stole Nick for a lunch at Cici's pizza while I took the younger dudes home to catch a nap.  Nick loved hanging with the big kids and i was thrilled Teresa wanted to tackle them all together.
Later that afternoon it was time at Camp Teresa's.  Bird House painting. mixed in with some catching up =)
Day 3 - pipe cleaner stick men - yes, i'm trying - my spring break survival buddy was off exploring Manassas.  Thankfully we were able to lure them in with this craft - that we actually never did with them....



Day 4 - so it was super chilly all week but gosh, with no real timeline we have to explore!!  Teresa agreed to a 10am departure - (I cannot wait for the day that my boys will wake up slow....)  She took us too a super fabulous playground called Clemyjontri Park 

(The name CLEMYJONTRI is derived from the donor’s four children: Carolyn (CL), Emily (EMY), John (Jon), and Petrina (Tri). it was HUGE, colorful, superfun for all the kids.
off they go (literally as this was a track that surrounded the playground)
Shane played big brother to Drew
Caz also enjoyed a little big brother time.
Now that takes co-ordination
Ben and Nick piloted the aircraft
all giggles from Shane
We managed to maximize this piece of playground equipment
movie time while in traffic
A great day deserves some chick-fil-a
day 5 - no plans at all - scary......  but we actually really liked it.  I was kinda getting in the swing of this 'no schedule thing'  with nick's kindi being 11:20-2:40 - it really cuts the middle of the day - so having NO hard times to adhere to was fabulous!
we opted to make our Easter cake - Nick liked it.  I mean licked it....
Ta - da!  
The true 'icing' on the cake was tuning into the Michigan basketball game.  With 2 minutes left they were down by 10.  hmmmm.....  But with seconds left a 3 pointer tied it sending us to over time.  minutes later - we won!!  All with our buddies over enjoying pizza and beers - what a fabulous night that happened with minimal planning.  I am actually gonna miss spring break.  Thanks Teresa for being my spring break battle buddy - we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment