Friday, July 17, 2015

Roaring Brook with Cousins and trying life a little less chemical

My sis came up for a week and my mom was able to enroll Shane, Riley, Drew, and Maddy in Roaring Brook nature camp.  She volunteers there as her life is truly made more colorful surrounded by some really unique folks.  She always comes home with great stories and feeling enriched.  Sweet to pass that along to the kiddos as they love all things creepy, crawly, and animal like.  Especially the time together.  

My sis and I were able to orchestrate a carpool too.  

here were the glorious sounds I got to hear I we drove home one day.
We spent the week together co-ordinating, getting together, swapping life stuff.  WE always leave with just a bit more knowledge on stuff.  Farrah inspired us this time with a few ideas.

Dyer balls - sure easy and rather relaxing to make - careful, the balls jump out of your hands!
http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2013/04/how-to-make-wool-dryer-balls.html

Mayo - yum and healthier
http://whole30.com/2014/05/mayo/

Deodorant - something that works for me - and what I plan to use for the boys once they are of age - you can buy the applicators on amazon too!
http://brianandfarrahmccullough.blogspot.com/2015/04/oil-pulling-say-what.html?m=1

We took an afternoon and joined Jill B down at Saybrooke at the beach.
a little cuddle time with the Drew man.
Mia won the prize for the dirtiest.
It started to rain and we had to walk back - gear and all.  Here they are all dry and watching one of Stosh's movies while we order some yummy fried food  - for the pregnant lady of course! Gotta feed those twins!
This photo just looks like summer!
This photo just looks crazy!
Monkey see, monkey do!
What's dinner without dessert?!?
Nick had a swim meet in Avon one night, so we all went - of scouser the kiddos loved watching nick....  yeah right,  I LOVED taking this photo of Goomba,  can you just hear the chatter?  Can you see the smoke coming out of Goomba's ears?  They choose Skittles - sweet!
I love getting time with my nieces - They are so sweet and different to me when their parents aren't around.  It was a crazy week and with the bathroom still under construction, I am amazed we managed to swing having them spend the night.  But we did (as my husband is absolutely amazing!) and I am thankful for the time Stacie let us have - and the braids I got to do!  Thanks ladies for spending time with me.
Thanks Mom for making the camp week happen too - that time for the cousins is VERY special  - thank you for recognizing that and making it possible for all of us.  Thanks stacie for coming down and staying as well and diving into daily life all together - always more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment