Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pumpkins

Ah, this day - we had just tried a new church (which was VERY promising) and decided to grab some pumpkins - 
Super simple, super cute - that's it, just the pumpkins folks.  No hay ride, no petting zoo, just the pumpkins for these pumpkins.

An than for whatever reason the day went down hill.  lately the kiddos have been just at each other  Ticking each other off (in turn ticking me off)  Punching, pushing, deliberately disagreeing, hurtful wrestling, the list goes on.  Boy stuff (so I am told)  that night Chris had soccer and I had the boys solo for dinner.  No big deal really right??  Something I have done countless times.  But for some reason that night was different.  I hadn't felt like I related or connected with them ALL DAY.  I may not have wanted to either - whatever it was, I lost it at dinner - just within myself.  Than I opted to search for 'support' or help on social media - rare for me.  But HUGE and honestly, the best words or support that came from the most distant reaches and was truly wonderful  - - 

for that I was thankful for putting my messy life out there - we have messy lives right?  Life isn't perfect pumpkins and kiddos - its yelling, pushing, punching and surviving.  We are stronger together and Sunday night I was thankful not for the phone call, but for the social media connection - it worked for me.  The next day - sure - I loved on these boys - but geesh, Sunday?  Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment