Still Sunday - and the next stop was another 2 hours in the car south east to Ann Arbor. Nicole opened her home to us for the evening and I am thankful we could squeeze in some time together.
We asked the kiddos to pose for a quick photo to get them all together. 10 total! Yooza.
In case you were wondering the last time we all got together - 5 year prior when we flew home from Michigan via Detroit. Look at these cuties -
The kiddos were great and happy played while we could all catch up - except of course Nate who is only 1.5 years old and is at that wonderful age that really keeps his patently jumping. Thanks Michele and Andy for making the effort to come out! LOVED seeing you
We had a visit from 2 more special guys - LOVED going back in time with Shane and Vito - their personalities could keep me chatting all night. Always up for cards, white banter and reminiscing. Love these 2 and loved how they made me feel 20 years old again.
One of the coolest things was getting Shane and Shane together. They were born 3 days apart (and maybe a few years) but I remember Chris and I in the hospital debating names, Tyler, Shane, Finn. Knowing this great guy with this glowing personality really pushed us both over the edge on choosing the name Shane - Shane, you have got some cool shoes to fill!
Thanks Nicole for opening your house to us - We needed a bit of time to regroup. Monday morning we headed into Campus - love that drive on, seeing the initial signs, counting all the Ms, trying to remember all our favorite haunts. I know we can't get into the stadium, but there was a chance we could get into the Natatorium! And guess what, we did. They were even having practice!
I got to swim in this pool twice - that was it - The boys kept asking me what sports I did here. Gosh, the school is SO big and competitive I was thankful to have had the opportunity to swim for a club intramural team - maybe one of the 3 will be on the Michigan swim team....
Impressive place!
And yes of course we popped over to the football stadium - ever more impressive today - more than when I was a student (and LOCKED) now. They even opened the gate to let a few worker through.
I asked if we could take a quick peek and was denied - clearly not the first person to make that request...Here's to the high hopes of a great season!
Next stop the Michigan Diag - right in the heart of campus - passed by this many times
Went into the grad library ONCE - maybe - during the orientation process. Not sure why my kids are running to it - its SO quiet in there. (I did attend libraries, just the ones on North Campus for engineers.... Yes, I do know what Libraries look like...)!
I have to admit, while walking through campus, I am reminded how HUGE Michigan is - even after going there I can be overwhelmed by its size.
It was the friends I made that brought my true love for the school. Here was the first house we lived in - 5 girls, 3 SMALL bedrooms and 1 bathroom (we only had the first floor). With every step on campus I am reminded of you all and how YOU guys changed my life!
So many memories and wonder what is to come for these 3 boys -
Alright, time for lunch at the brown jug and onto the next stop!

No comments:
Post a Comment