In a way its nice some time as passed as I love looking back at our favorite photos and putting it all together in my mind - Things I want to remember
The night we rolled in, it was overcast and really about to rain - As we came in I showed Chris, Brian and Farrah spuddy's camp - as I had forgotten how large it was - who knows if we will all have to stay there.....
Well, Wyland was on a mission to have all the kiddos stay together in Potarock - and guess what, it just might work. We had a few extra cots, a separate room for the girls and a willing and crazy sister in law staying in the side room... It actually happened!! 

7 Boys in the this room!
Somehow Farrah, Brian, Chris and I scored Spuddy's just the 4 of us (we kept the kiddos clothing in there as you can imagine that would be crazy) but since we didn't mind sharing a cabin we had a great spot. The first 2 nights Chris and I got the bed and than swapped them for cots for the following nights - but it was so great to walk back with them and have a mini vacation there too.
Onto the week up there. First day was rainy so we actually had a fire in the stove behind Macy and had some indoor games. The girls LOVED to craft and I honestly soaked up every minute of that!
The boys played twister of course.
This morning was a special memory for me - we woke up and took kayaks out - 6 of us! Winslow, Drew, Shane and Macy had the mini ones (which we absolutely loved!! I was AMAZED at how well they could maneuver them by themselves) Nick and I had the big ones. We literally went all the way to the other beach front - I had to ask Winslow and Macy to slow down!
Nick did great on the big kayak, but wanted to try the smaller one - so of course Shane wanted to see if he could make the bigger one better - do I really need to tell you how this went down?? Shockingly the big Kayak was too challenging so him. Who came to his rescue??? MACY!! (how many times can I tell you I love this girl?) she offered to switch with him (and probably secretly wanted a shot at the big one too) She got in and realized it was a bit harder - yet preserved home with the rest of us.
Love watching adventures unfold - this looks like a fishing one.
Drew learned how to cast quite well - he was the definition of determination
Hiking up lobster mountain - I must admit - the bigs were HORRID - kids got gobbled up, we did too - it was the rain and not enough wind. lots of long sleeved clothing for the hike up Lobster.
Back of the boat is where all the good conversations happen.
A little "girl time"
Winslow soaks in the one on one time and is the only granddaughter - unless you consider Pauli in that mix - she get plenty of attention too.
Loved compiling all our photos and picking my favs. this is between Potarock and Uncle Charlie's Cabin
Another adventure is launched - up river I believe.
Now this is a BEAUTIFUL day!
The kitchen time stare down.
Cannot believe these guys made it into a paddle board - impressive balance!
Loved getting a grand kid photo!
Even snuck the bigs in there.
Lamb Curry night?!?! Loved having so many adults we filled the table - I must admit, cooking for 21 is pretty daunting. Every one did it so well! I am say NONE of us went hungry -
Evening bliss
Now that is a toad! found while hiking up Lobster mountain.
Love watching Drew get along so well with Winslow and Macy - its as it he finally found his place.
All the kiddos together
The original Leadbetter family
Looks like another adventure to me - especially if Drew is steering.
See?!?! You just can't get enough...
Love this photo on the top of Lobster mountain
This is what the way down looks like after a long walk UP! - Glad Drew snagged some sleeping time here and there - he sure needed it! Its hard work when EVERYONE is much older than you!
So that is your happy face! Right??!
Everyone has some weird faces
Thinking this was the day Farrah and I skipped the adventure - opted for a little Hammock time with a book.
....I know these guys had fun - judging by the beer cans that came back.... empty - I am pretty sure I would choose hammock time again =)
Lets not forget time in the tahini - its this huge inflatable structure we all scoffed at when we first got there - until we tired it - and actually really like it.
We even had an Uber Driver there and back - Seb is rather skilled in row boating
Not sure I would trust Shane yet - but he is trying!
Drew was a rock star in the Kayak - loving thinking this picture was serine =)!
Macy's first fish - IS A BIG ONE!! It actually scared her quite a bit
Oddly enough it didn't pull her tooth out - she did! The tooth fairy had to make a couple trips out to camp - Robbie was first - Macy next -
check out this snuggle tooth =)!
Fun pushing over trees - rather boy activity
so many things to love about this photo
Bits of serenity
Pretty sure this one didn't want to come home - Maine is her happy place too
I know this one could stay for a while.
Now this one got trapped in the smartest trap ever. A beer can suspended over a bucket - he walks across the line, spins on the beer can and just like that - he is trapped in the bucket. We heard a mouse in the house one night - the next morning someone asked what the bucket was for - once we looked in, it was quite obvious - it works! The kids released him back to the wild to do it all again.! he spent a few hours in there with his relatives....
Love the morning time photo opts before everyone heads their separate ways
The 3 Wylands -
camp is such a special place - nothing like it - its where kids play like kids, adults can actually find time to untether, talk, read, play too. We had a different game each night that folks were willing to try. We had plenty of beer but barely enough bug spray - the kids were great all together and we loved seeking away each night to Spuds cabin - our own mini vacation. There isn't anything easy about getting there - but once you are there - you are really there.
Love this time with Family - loved sharing it with such wonderful friends -
Thanks to everyone for making this possible!! The Leadbetters for keeping up with the day to day tasks and boat - all the amazing food everyone brought - and really the time together was the biggest value -
Another year in the memory books for us















No comments:
Post a Comment