My sweet shane came RACING down the steps at Frankie's lake house today - he was LUCKy he only scored a gash on his knee. After the color drained from his face when we mentioned he may need stitches the clinic opted to use glue (which Shane was fascinated by and willing to help)
Fast forward a bit as it was HIS night to stay at my folks - worked out perfectly as we were headed to the last canton concert to meet up with Molly and Anthony. Nick and Drew could run with Jonah while Shane got some cuddle time with Oma Sue - we had a REALLY late night at the concert and my glow sticks finally got some good use!
At 9:45 - we got a call from my mom - Shane wants HIS mom - He couldn't get comfortable, he couldn't sleep and he wanted ME - I was honestly SO touched I was happy to get in the car to go comfort him (this was on the heels for Drew being mad at me and tell me he wanted Oma Sue to be his momma - who wouldn't right?)
So I went to be with Shane - after many tears and a stiff walk to the car we got him in (only to have to get back out and pee at the corner) but his dreary eyes could barely stay open on the way home and he wanted me to drive faster. He wanted to sleep right next to me and tried so hard to get comfortable (advil helped with that)
Fast forward to the morning when I got to wake up to that sweet face - He was still sleeping and when he woke up and realized he was snuggled with us - he reached around my neck for the signature Shane hug - The Hug Chris and I remember from the days of picking him up out of his crib every morning - the hug where just in a hug shane says - I slept so goo and feel awesome and I love you - all in one hug -
Love that hug and love this sweet boy and cannot believe that was 6 years ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment