Saturday, January 14, 2017

Fitness Bug

I have always enjoyed fitness and teaching brought it to a new level to me - but it takes time - to plan the songs, be inspirational (or at least feel that way)  With Jill battling cancer once again and Nathalie out with a hand surgery - I had to pick up my game a bit.  It was rewarding and a bit stressful at times.
This Saturday Jan 7 we had a cycle out cancer fund raisers - it was one of those times that were truly rewarding for me.  I taught at 12 to a full house from parents to kids - 
I got to join into a great class taught by Beth
BY 8 that evening the snow was falling really hard and we wondered if anyone would come to my 8pm class.  Chris was supposed to come, however last minutes mr Drew proved to still be a little sick, so he had to miss out - turns out I had 8 Avon Dad's some that had never been to a spin class - all supporting a family in Avon who's child is battling cancer.  Amazing to have them in class and yes, i will never forget them singing to Kelly Clarkson with me
Can you believe the following weekend was another HUGE fitness event - 
Body Pump released #100 translation for all your non pumpers out there - they have been creating this program for 25 years!  
I feel in love with it back at Golds Gym in Austin (circa 2004)  Got certified in 2010 while living in Germany - (we practiced in my living room using broom handles - oh the days!) and love the strength it brings to your body!
Here we are at Zoo Gym - part of the global release - 100 Strong
Loved teaching with my instructor buddies - Krista really covered down in so many ways while Nathalie and Jill were out - she got certified and started teaching almost instantly - cool story, she just moved to Ireland where her boyfriend lives and is inventing herself there!  Greatly missed at the gym!
Here we are pumpers!




No comments:

Post a Comment