Landed in Venice and hopped the bus to PorDenone realizing I was the only one that spoke English and wound up getting dropped off 1 hour later here (yes, I felt like a kid on their first day on the bus having no idea where I lived and being too scared to pipe up...)
Judging by the photo - the gate was CLEARLY closed and probably had been for months if not years....
No Italian dinner for me - Saturday night dinner- Peanuts, Cheez-its and a Bud Light in my AF room at lodging - Transportation for that day..... bus-train-plane-plane-bus-foot-bus-foot-sweat lady's car to post
Ah, the next morning. I am totally prepared to concur the indoor cycling course. Wait, what a VIEW! The course was amazing and totally worth the travel expenses and frustrations. At the end of the course the instructor offered to take me to the airport!! PRIMO!! Did I mention I LOVE the sound of Italian?!
Not only did I have lunch at Taco Bell, but I finally enjoyed my Italian cusine and high end shopping. Both were done at the Venice Airport.
These shots are obviously from within the airplane - this shows my water taxi option =)
I was enthralled in my book and glass of (included) red wine when I glanced up to see this view. Absolutely amazing. Everyone had their cameras out.
The best part of the evening..... Upon departure, the Stewart (who spoke Italian, German and English) throughout the flight - says good bye to everyone in what he believes to be their native tongue. He said "auf wiedersehen" to me - while the bubba behind me got a 'Goodbye, have a nice evening' Yippee!!
Trip home - car-plane-plane-train-bus ah.... midnight at home. Loved it and thanks to my husband for supporting my desire to complete this course. He traveled to the Maginot Line with the boys on Sunday. I know there are plenty of you that would like to see photos of his travels. For that, you need to view his blog. Oh, that's right, he doesn't have one and forgot the camera =)


Awesome! Those mountains were our view out our bathroom window for two wonderful years. Makes me homesick, and oh, yes and the Italian language has a beautiful and "fun" sound to it! So glad you enjoyed a bit of your hectic trip. Is "Gracia's" still around the corner from the base. No bar globe or souvenirs?
ReplyDeleteCiao Bella,
ReplyDeleteItaly is still the best for food, wine and romance.
Too bad no Bar Globe!
Goomba