Monday night Diane and I got dressed up and hit the streets of Stuttgart on a mission to hear readings from American writers and most famously - our buddy Lindsey (the most famour of all). At the beginning of the readings - the host mentioned 'there will be a lot of english being spoken - so bear with us'. Gosh, sounds like a little bit of heaven to me - that and the cup of starbucks I was savoring.
Lindsey was about 5th in the line up. She hopped up, shedded her reservations about speaking in public and shared 'Pieces of me' or 'me in pieces' She has an amazing ability of using words to express feelings and conjur images. The dialogue amoung the brain lungs and stomach was impressive. Some how just sharing the night with Lindsey and her talented group of writers made us (me) feel smarter and truly enriched our evening. Again - I am so thankful for wonderful friends who's talents truly open my eyes.
I love you for being there, and for enriching MY life :)
ReplyDelete