Nick spent the week with me on spring break. For some reason the idea of entertaining him and Shane for an entire week straight sounded exhausting. But not having to keep up with his kindergarden schedule actually provided for a bit of relaxation. I wasnt rushing to grab him at 12:30. It wasn't too bad. Here's just a few of our 'experiences'
- Monday morning he crawled in bed with me - it was rather early and he normally heads straight to Dad's side. So I was savoring the moment of cuddle time. He woke up to find the Ferrari next to the bed that I purchased for him in Italy. He was silently thrilled (difficult for a 3 year old) and asked me to open it for him. He proceeded to mis-place it 2 hours later - but we have since found it again and again, and again
- That morning we took the train to downtown Stuttgart, fed the ducks and enjoyed some time with Natalie and her girls. Nothing beats a picnic and ice cream with friends.
- We woke up Tuesday morning and the sun was still out! One of the important lessons in German is to GO OUTSIDE when the sun is out! So we soaked it up at Filderado. I had BOTH boys in the big pool at the same time. If only I had a 4th arm with which to take a picture=) Nick was chasing his little toy boat while Shane (who I thought would cry due to the chilly water) opted to take a snooze while floating.
- Wednesday was raining with nothing to note - we survived
- Thursday - rain again - but time to hit the IKEA! I love that place. Nick even opted to try their kid playground. I signed him in and he ran straight to the ball playground. Looking good so far. 30 minutes into my 'shopping spree' I heard an anouncement - in german of course, but I was able to recognize the 'Nicholas' portion. I kept shopping thinking "I gave them my cell number, surely they will call that" 10 minutes later, the 'Nicholas' announcement comes over the loud speaker again. Guess I better check it out. I head back to the playground and there sits little Nick. Small tears in his eyes, but not currently crying. He told me he was sad I left him and that he wished Tate was there with him. Ah, if only.
This missing of Tate actually spurred on 2 days worth of imagining Tate was with him. Eating with him, swimming with him - gotta love imaginary play. He is even telling me to imagine that Farrah is here too. Matter of fact I think Shane is thinking of Macy. When we left for the pool today he said Brian was staying back with Dad helping to sweep out the garage =) McCulloughs we miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment