Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sometimes its the little things

I love to include photos so here is Shane and I taking breakfast on the go....  We ate in the square in Downtown Neuhausen - Posh, I know.
Another reason for keeping this blog is a place to record moments.  I don't have a scrapbooking talent.  I wish I took more photos or wrote down more things.  I spoke with a lady last night who recorded the first time her daughter slept through the night.  This happened 30+ years ago as her daughter was 2 months old at the time.  I never wrote that down for Nick or Shane as I assumed (rightfully so) that it would jinx me. 

Last night we had a 17 lady Bunco - all I can say is look how far we have come.  What a testiment to women who enjoy the company of others.  We are all VERY different - military and non-military backgrounds, just moving to Europe & fluent speakers of the german language.  Its wonderful to spend an evening with different people.  A year ago there were 4 of us at a table discussing how we would get more folks to join our group.  Kudos to Diane, Lindsey and Farrah.  I am forever greatful!

On another quick note - being with Nick so much during the day I start to wonder if he appreciates the fact that I am with him.  Granted I am not stimulating him 24/7.  I often cannot play ball at the drop of a hat or find his favorite race car when he wants to take it to bed.  However, after his nap today - he told me his blanket was dirty.  Now I try to wash his blanket frentquetnly - however, it takes over 2 hours from start to finish for a load of laundry and that is IF I remember to switch it from washer to dryer on time.  Well, I put the blanket in the wash.  By the time bed time rolled around, the blanket was rolling around in the dryer.  I read his two stories tonight (Ferdinand being one of them - my favorite book) and went downstairs in hopes of the blanket being dry.  It was!  By the time I brought it back upstairs Nick's head was swaying from side to side and I could tell he was sleepy.  I brought in the blanket and he instantly squeezed it and breathed in the clean smell.  His smile instantly said 'thank you'.   - Now those are moments I want to remember.

2 comments:

  1. These are the most precious times and I am so proud of you recording them...you will look back and always see that smile of trust, love and absolute contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My how we HAVE grown :) I'm really loving your blog, especially when it kind of veers off into your thoughts. Keep it up, Sara.

    ReplyDelete