Sunday, April 24, 2011

The best travel buddies

Last weekend we enjoyed some family time with one of our favorite families (the McCulloughs) in one of the most beautiful spots in Germany (Garmisch).  They reserved a suite at Edleweiss Hotel (the american resort) so we could all stay together.  Not many families can stand staying with their own kids in a hotel - much less another families children - I am forever thankful for how we all just make it work (and made it enjoyable!)  The McCulloughs bunked in the loft portion (macy even enjoyed a night peacfully in the bathroom) While The Leadbetters bunked in the downstairs room together. 

Farrah coordinated for a babysitter on Saturday night and Brian reserved time at a wonderful restaraunt for Saturday night.  We even tested out some Indian food on Sunday. 

Here is my caveat - when we travel with the McCulloughs, I often forget to pull out my camera as Brian has a MUCH better camera and a more talented eye.  They are currently vacationing in England visiting his family - so stay posted as i will have more photos coming =)  Here are just a few.

On Saturday, we visited Neuschwanstein castle.  The McCulloughs toured the castle while our boys played on the beautiful grassy field below.



Anyone see the similiarities in these boys?  I love them all!!

Farrah, the munchkins and I opted for the horse drawn carriage ride on the way back down the hill - beautiful horses!


We had a wonderful weekend and thank the McCulloughs for including us as family.  I drifted off a bit during the drive home - and when I woke up I felt a familiar pit in my stomach.  It was the realization that weekends like this are truly numbered.   We are not strangers to moving on in life - but the idea of losing the McCulloughs and 5 other wonderful families is surely starting to take its toll. 

Every moment until than is a treasure!

Here are some more photos from the McCulloughs
Farrah's idea to bring swords up to the castle - kids loved it!!

The view on Sunday from our Indian restaraunt 
Here is the whole crew 
What a great family

Post card shots curtosey of Brian McCullough.  If only there was snow on that castle 

Chris always manages to find a beer =)  Another reason why I love him so much! 
Ture sword fighting 
The view from our hotel 
Farrah spotted this on her way home (rather close to their house)  I love how 'normal this is out here.  Yet another postcard photo - just of a different genre 
Beautiful weekend - thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment