I picked up Nick's First session of School photos - remember those days, the awful haircuts, the plastic combs they would pass out to everyone. I remember hoping that I would smile just right and it always came out all wrong (but my mom continually kept them framed and handed them to relatives.....)
Here's our first round - Shane, can you smile? Seriously, will that piece of lay down? Nick - perfect! (yes, Nick and Shane signed up for a special session together - Nick was pumped to have his brother there - who only looked at the camera guy with skeptisism....)
Hysterical pose (but when we came home that evening, Nick was trying to demonstrate the pose - now I get it)
Really, no smile?
Nick informed me that the Camera guy asked him not to smile... I am hoping something was lost in translation - don't you want to just poke his bellie??
And the whole crew
I picked these photos up today in total German style. There was a packet, it had my name on it and I paid 35 Euro - DONE -
I didn't get to pick a pose from the 1 million photos taken. I didn't get to say I want 10 8X10s, 52 wallets etc... it was here are your photos take it or leave it. This would surely be a great study on social economics - meaning, does the photo guy make more $$ on less time by just packing and sending or would they profit more by taking a bit more time and offering up a tad more customer service?
Either way - I have learned the Germans are not terribly flexible - I am thankfully becoming more flexible...
Now I am off to Ikea to pick out frames for their walls - some that will hang for the next 15 years!






No comments:
Post a Comment