Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring weekend

Another beautiful weekend without a cloud in the sky.  (I vow to look back at these photos when the clouds come in and the rain doesn't stop) We are doing everything we can to take advantage of the time outside!  Saturday morning Chris treated us with Steak and Eggs outside.  Our is just beautiful  WE wish you were all here to enjoy a glass of prosecco outside with us.


After a few minor home projects we hopped the train downtown for a little big city strolling.  Its amazing how small the city can feel.  During out walk to a playground/beirgarden we ran into Lenka (a co-worker family of Chris's) and ran into Josh, Kristen and Cayman at the park.  Looks like we all had the same idea!  The McCulloughs met up with us for a few beers and a sunburn - seriously, the sun is that serious these days.

That evening we sat outside with our best buddies grilling, polishing off bottles of yummy drinks and keeping an eye on the munchkins.  A few times we poked our head in to see what they were up to and decided there is no more need for babysitters are the 4 kids just play so well together.  The night ended with a few memory lane muppet show episodes and a late bedtime for everyone. 
Some folks in Stuttgart are protesting a large train construction project that will apparently take down several old trees in the city.  Some folks are living in the trees as part of the protest.  Really a sign to me that you don't need to much to sustain a living..... 


Farrah is almost always able to get Shane to smile.  We thinking Shane is singing in this song in his head..... 'macy's mom has got it going on....' hahah! 
Someone sure if smiling!! 
Sunday we enjoyed a birthday party for Madelyn and some time with our friends.  Lundy and Bob excitedly discussed their upcoming move to Being China - WOW - and we thought living in Germany was an adjustment.  I cannot imaigne not being able to read the letters on a traffic sign....  WE are thrilled to have someone there to visit!!



Later that evening we dug into the Leadbetter Fun box and enjoyed one of our favorite activities - riding to the airport for a picinic.  This was Nick's first time riding the distance on his own.  He did a great job getting there, but wanted to discuss a different route home (too many uphills in his book)  Its fun to remember how big some hills were in your childhood and revisit them now...  All about perspective right??


Shane enjoyed watching the big planes come in and pointed every time.  However the planes were VERY loud and it started to bother him.  We realized this as every time one took off, he stopped what he was doing (normally running across the sidewalk after Nick)  Found me, and ran into my lap pressing his little ears against my chest.  So sweet.  I wanted to stay longer just to feel the 'protection' time with Shane.

So we had a few projects Saturday and one of them was rearranging the furniture in the boys room.  I helped Chris with the beds and a few dressers but left the real HEAVY lifting to Brian and Chris.  The boys room is HUGE so the bunk beds we recently found on Stuttgart Yard sales don't need to be stacked (thankfully as the idea of Shane climbing the ladder after Nick is something I might lose sleep over)  They are side by side with PLENTY of room leftover.  Shane won't be sleeping upstiars yet as we have plenty of room for that.  But its fun to have everything laid out and ready!  The 'TOP' bunk has rails all around - so makes for the perfect training bed for our little bugger =) 
The boys are doing great and playing together more and more.  I find Nick is often the one in tears as Shane will grab a toy and squack when Nick tries to grab it back.  He is so conflicted with not being able to be forceful with Shane!  Shane is talking a bunch, but we still can't figure out all the words.  Plus, I am betting some of them are German based on the 2 mornings he spends with his mutter tutter while I teach. 

I am about 15 weeks along and feeling great!  Limited nausea and my energy is back.  Matter of fact, I just signed on to help a co-worker tomorrow.  So I will be teaching my 6AM spin, a 9:30 Pump and a spin again at 11:30 - Now after that I will be tired, but I am guessing anyone would be =)

Hope you all had a great weekend - love ya

1 comment:

  1. Go Girl! You don't have to do it all! Relax and nap with the boys once in awhile. Loved the pictures of the ride on the farm trails.

    ReplyDelete