Saturday, April 30, 2011

The strength of those around me.

Just a little mom blurb from me.  This week I was drudgingly solo as Chris headed to Molsworth working on a rather large project out there.  On my way to Diane's I quickly snapped myself out of it.  Amy would be there who has the strength to endure a year long separation, she is packing her family for Michigan while her sole mate, Rick heads to Kazakhstan for his command.  Natalie is juggling her two young girls solo for the next three months as Steve is taking classes in the states.  Shannon prepped a wonderful salad and a birthday cake for her daughter solo as her husband deployed in March to Afganistan for a year.  That is just to name a few of the wonderful military families that endure separation as part of their chosen live and devotion to a career.  They do it and still continue on with their lives, raising their children, bringing food, coordinating events and exploring Europe - solo.  While we are no longer military, we are thankful to be surrounded by the strength of conviction of these truly wonderful families and hope they remain strong and blessed.  I am glad to be strengthened by them every day.

While I was solo - I was actually not terribly bothered as Shane woke up with a nightmare at 4:30 Thursday morning.  He is an amazing sleeper and never wakes up.  But I heard in crying for mama and I, bleared eyed walked downstairs to comfort him.  He curled back up in my arms and I enjoyed holding his 18 month old body that night.  It wasn't so fun when everyone woke up at 6:15 - but I promised myself to treasure this time with him.  I am fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment