Drew Carlson Leadbetter
Born October 7, 2011, 01:40
7 lbs 6 oz, 20 cm
Those are the stats, here's the little story... We put the kids to bed and at 9:15 the contractions got a bit more serious (plus it was pouring down rain and I was assuming this drop in pressure, change in weather just might be the trigger). We tracked them for an hour while catching up on modern family (sometimes that show would be enough to start labor! So funny). We called my midwife Sabine at 10:30 and thought we would give it a few ore contractions... They were pretty serious, so off we go!!
The door is locked at the clinic, shocking right, as we fumble for the switch light or anything to get in a nurse rescues us, Sabine greats us, checks everything out and we start sailing, she breaks my water (sorry to be gross, but really it's painless and nothing gross) but surely makes for stronger contractions! I remind her that YES I do want an epi,so let's not miss that. Honestly that procedure is always the scariest with me as I hate anything that affects the back.....
Epi in, pain is curbed.... Not gone by any means as I clarify with the dr. That I'm not sure if it's strong enough... Doesn't matter as it's time to push! At that point Sabine who is so mild manner runs off to call our dr. and asks me to hold of for just a sec. Our doctor is literally there in 5 minutes. 15 more minutes and so is the baby!! Chris and I are totally shocked!! All I can remember is staring into Chris's eyes and knocking out the longest push ever no stopping!!
Thank you Chris for keeping the faith;). He did get to cut the cord and once again the whole process seemed simple and natural. My dr. headed back home 40 minutes after his arrival. Not bad for a nights work, now let's enjoy some baby time.
Not his most flattering photo, but it's the first.

Chris was absolutely fumbling the camera which I found hysterical at the time. Nice flash. Wonder if drew is seeing stars??

Chris testing the flash, honestly, i cannot stop laughing.....

O.k. A little better

Chris, give me the camera, you hold the baby.

Sweet drew (but currently nameless)

He cried for maybe 30 seconds and than just looked around wondering what the heck happened.

Can you believe we did it? One last time!!

Drew with our midwife Sabine, love her!

About an hour later we move up to our room. Drew nursed like a pro and than slept like a champ. Being so new, I didn't as I kept wanting him to wake up!! Chris was at home trying to get a few hours of sleep and wanted to greet the boys in the am.

Our new little snuggle bug.

Yes, it took us 34 hours to struggle with a name. At 10am this morning the dr. Arrived to preform his circumcision. That was the true crunch time. It was the name we planned on, but were agreed to be certain once we saw his face.
Drew Carlson Leadbetter it is

This is my favorite position. At the moment, Drew would prefer not to sleep in his cradle, but likes the warmth of mom. Right now, I am more than happy to oblige.

I love this post, taking us along your crazy night. He is beautiful and you've made me weepy :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and it was great to catch up with you... he is adorable and you're whole family looks great!
ReplyDeleteI love that co-sleeper thing in the German hospital! Of course I am sure that's not even close enough for Drew...
Missing you so much and glad you will be back in the US soon... maybe our youngest kids will get to know each other through the years :)
Love you, Amanda