He is my best care taker (minus a bit of absent mindedness) he has a heart of gold and really takes things to heart. Therefore when he was up late at night randomly sick with the stomach bug (AGAIN) we all felt horrible for him. He WANTED to sleep in the bathroom and woke up too tired togo to go to school.
He went out that morning to check the chickens. Someone (we have a feeling we know who) left the TOP coop door open. Which meant, they could get out if they wanted to. However they didn't have the ability of accuracy to get back in. Nick quickly discovered it was his chicken Violet that was missing. I am almost certain I was just as crushed if not more..... We found a few feathers, yet no Violet. We think it was a hawk yet really have no idea. Now there are 6 and Gertie is missing her sister.
And I get a morning to chill with this guy in hopes of getting him to feel better. Honestly I loved the morning - tears and all.
Until I started feeling like crap and had to get the kiddos out - thankfully we have places to go
Nick missed the school trip to Canton Intermediate School that day (where he will go next year) and he missed the 3rd grade special surprise (a juggler) but he took it all in stride. Love love love that kiddo.

No comments:
Post a Comment