Chris is turning 40!! Finally (yes, I am thankful for him to join me on this new decade of age!)
AND
Its his Super Bowl weekend.
Birthday on Saturday, Father's day Sunday.
I am pretty sure he would prefer to space these out, but it worked out so well to have family up with us the whole weekend. It started on Thursday when Barbara and Wyland made it up. We enjoyed a WONDERFUL dinner at the Village Cafe and than a night of reading with grandma (on the new bed - which has a memorable story behind it - if I had an extra hand while stuffing this marshmallow of a bed up the stars you would have seen Chris and Aras at the top of the stairs pulling with all their might and me at the bottom barely holding my ground as we sent shane to go next door to grab Linas - somehow we got the bed upstairs - and yes, its wonderful!
Chris is thrilled
Just in time for his birthday
At 8:30 Friday night - the celebration got bigger - Wyland and Shannon made the drive from MD to join us for the celebration - the kiddos played for a few extra hours in the back yard while we caught up - than we put them to bed and enjoyed some adult time, chatting Maine, schedules and at midnight - toasting Chris Leadbetters 40th Birthday -
Proof that everyone loves a selfie stick!
To the celebration -
That is a good looking foursome! Headed to the Ranch
Someone is taking on big kid rolls and making us pancakes for breakfast!
love the looks of this breakfast table
Shane played his final Baseball game for the season (gloveless) and than we went to cool off in Oma Sue's pool
One of the gifts I wanted to give Chris was memories from his friends - I connected with them over the last month asn asked them to sent me a memorial or something they did with Chris. I loved reading through the memories as they came in. Here is a photo of us reading them to him at the table that evening
He actually wanted to grill on his birthday - does that say something about his enjoyment of it, or my inability to cover down for him.... hmmm.. Uncle Steve was another special guest for the evening. He came down that day from VT to enjoy the family time together. We hadn't seen him since our weddings and it was such a treat to connect.
I asked everyone to take a quick break from cooking to snap a photo or 2 - Love how well these kiddos paired up this weekend.
Grabbed a great family shot as well
Even got my folks in there before the kiddos started losing their focus
Now to the birthday dinner - couldn't have asked for a more beautiful evening to celebrate with
Happy Birthday Chris - thats a lot of candles!
Per request - Boston Creme Pie
When you are the youngest - you gotta get a leg up in anyway possible.
Chris I truly hope you felt the love from so many different folks in your life - I admire the man you are and am forever thankful to be your partner in life. Thankful for the life we have created together.
Happy Birthday and Welcome to 40!



No comments:
Post a Comment