Friday, November 4, 2016

Nick Turns 10!

Yup, this guy is about to be 10!  the face says it all - cannot believe 10 years ago he graces us with his presence and turned us into Parents.  What a sweet, caring, sensitive and understanding kiddo.  So often I catch you doing the right thing and i cant say i could love you any more!
So as a labor of love and our birthday gift to you - we Transformed your room.  This trundle bed was supposed to be temporary - it served a good purpose for when you had friends and family visiting.  Now it was time to move it on.
Amazed we finished this while you were at school!  Dad helped in the morning time and Oma Sue was there for the afternoon portion
Love how your room turned out
A little more space for stuff.
Wait, who's birthday is it?  Nick isn't driving yet right?!?!

Chris finally purchased his truck - he had wanted one for years - Since he started with C&H - yet he waited wanting to get 'life' off the ground and make sure we were profitable.  So here is his reward.
I must say, he looks great in it!
On Friday for Nick's birthday we had 5 kids come off the bus (including Nick!)  

My mom was there initially and helped video him seeing his new bed - All that work and a sweet reaction from him

Chris was off at a UCONN football game with 40 other Canton dads - so I bravely took on 5 boys - they were having a blast but had odd numbered teams - so we called in the ringer!  Ben - love that he join us so seamlessly - All these guys want to do it play.  Can you see Ryan back there??
Thankfully my folks had Drew and Shane was getting a sleep over of his own at Luciano's house - every little bit helps!
here they are partially tuckered out after a few games of capture the flag.  We watched goosebumps and I asked them to be quiet by 11:30.  Needless to say, that was the hardest part.  I literally stood by the door frame asking them to stop talking. 
 Finally Chris came home and said exactly that - stop talking...  and they did!!  Amen!
Waffle Breakfast time!
A few more shenanigans before its time to head home

Nice morning to head back outside to play soccer - with the Chickens of course.
That night we celebrated his birthday family style - I have to admit, my folks absolutely saved me here.  The made stroganoff (my childhood favorite) and Strawberry Rhubarb pie - Nick's favorite. and we had a wonderful family Dinner - thank you mom and dad!  Happy Birthday Nick!!
Sweet how he saves opening Nicolas's gift for last.  Love that they stay connected if only once a year.
https://youtu.be/iwU3Luk4Iwg

I think he really felt the love all weekend long and he truly expressed it - Chris and I have to keep reminding ourselves in the sea of chaos and the boys - he really is a sweet soul.
Love you Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment