Sunday, April 23, 2017

Holy moly we are headed to Vancouver

Somehow and some way - we made it on ANOTHER plane to Vancouver - this one with LESS connections and an EARLIER arrival time.  I will say, SOMEONE was on our side and our Canadian Air rep was just awesome.  His serious face when I told him we screwed up (I had to call him in out of his break to help us - since there are only 2 flights a day....)  Yup, he rebooked us and didn't charge us a THING!  Phew  We thanked him profusely and sent in reviews to his company on how wonderful he was!!  Now back on track and headed to Canada
It took a LONG l=plane ride to decompress from LIFE - and move to vacation land.  We didn't pack any food and it chaps my ass to BUY food on an airline - I meekly ordered almonds and apples with a glass of wine while I knew Chris was STARVING (I shared) we thankful watched movies - (Me - Fences - Him - some superhero something - yeah to different screens)  We arrived to see Liz waiting for us and off to REAL Food with Doug - a true foodie who has lived in Vancouver for almost 10 years.  Is we kept up with his food itinerary we would have needed 3 extra days and different clothes!!

Liz booked an AirBnB in a apartment spot that had signs EVERYWHERE saying NO airBnB - we tried to stay casual with our 3 suitcases....  Loved waking up to the view Sunday morning.  Vancouver is know for EVERYTHING having glass.  No sure exactly way - maybe that the sun doesn't come out THAT much so when it does - SOAK IT IN!!
The square footage of this mini eating spot was small, but the impact was HUGE!
We discovered that morning was Canada's largest 10k!!  Literally taking place directly below us!!
You would think Chris and I would just join in, but we opted to make our own way.  He was checking the map and I was recorded out adventure.
The running route around the city was AMAZING.  The green space they keep is REALLY green space - HUGE trail and beautifulness to look at with every turn.
Since naturally I cannot keep up with Chris I added on the tourist card to continue to take breaks along the run
Standing in one position - here is the city
Here is the park - with some mountains behind us.
Love this little house on stilts!
Mountains in literally every direction and seeing the city up against them was beautiful as well
Vancouver - very much a working city and captured a bit of it along the way too.
Now lets head down to the market - they literally had EVERYTHING.  Can anyone make dinner with this selection??
The most delicious selection of fruit I have ever seen - yes, I grabbed this!
We enjoyed lunch at a lovely restaurant along the water 
It all felt so adult and good to be together
Next we took a boat taxi to a brewery - it was a great way to see more of the city.
would absolutely LOVE on of these houses!!
Snapping a photo of exactly what we are riding.
Thinking this was the older version??
parts of what where the olympic venues and their sports arenas
This is where we were headed - 140 beers on tap - impossible to choose - the building was amazing and OLD - turn out it also help the Canadian Olympians in 2010 - would imagine there was a bit of beer that at the time too =!)
Most delicious dark beer I have ever had (and you all know how much i LOVE miller lite)  Wish I had a better photo of our server who was ABSOLUTELY darling - smile and all - straight out of the band one direction I swear!
Time to leave Vancouver and head to Whistler - just a quick photo along the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment