Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nick and Baseball and something I MUST remember.

Its a Saturday afternoon baseball game at Millennium field.  We are playing a Burlington team (on Thursday we had our first game and lost to a Burlington team......that was Nick Debut as a pitcher and the Teams debut as well)

Well this Saturday it was a great game.  They were going back to back in the runs department.  the boys were playing the failed while Burgling was swinging the bats.  The natives were getting restless and by that I mean, the dug out was not necessarily on their A game.  Kiddos weren't watching, trash all about etc...  I was so thankful when another mom made mention of it and THAN made them all pick it up (secretly I hoped she would enforce this while the majority of the team wan on the field and the trouble makers were on the bench - knowing is Nick was there he would pick it all up even knowing the mess wasn't his.....) sure enough....  kids came in from the field and asked to pick up all the trash - who was the biggest helper - yup, Nick.  Looking back - that wasn't such a bad thing.

 Since we were the home team, we had last ups.  We were down by 4 - Eek......the pitcher started to struggle and we loaded the bases and got 2 runs with only one out.  So who is next to bat with the new pitcher - their closer??!!  Yup, Nick - first pitch comes his way - he doesn't watch it, he HITS it!! hammers it into the outfield - best hit I have seen him make!!  He makes it to 2nd while 2 teammates make it home.  He cannot believe it himself.  I never once reached for my phone (sorry, no photos)  however watching him run from 2nd base as his coach ran to him lifting him in the air, he had the BIGGEST smile on his face!!  That feeling MUST be amazing and I LOVED being there to be a part of it.

That right there was such a reinforcement to me of God's plan - help out - be apart of the team, pick up even if the mess wasn't yours, try hard, practice and be a little fearless - swing that bat!!

To all the coaches that have volunteers to coat these kiddos - please know the impact you have on them.  I never want to forget seeing the coach pick up Nick in shear excitement.

Another mother asked what Nick gets special  tonight for his hit - I told her I couldn't give him anything more special than this moment right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment