Ah Shane - My sweet little guy - lover and care of all God's creatures. (sometimes better than his brothers) Will complete his kindergarten year. They had such a sweet ceremony. 
Kindergarten is such an impressionable year. They want to be big kids, but just aren't there yet. I couldn't be happier with the Teachers and Class Shane was in. They had time for play, time to learn, figure out social situations and even knock out a little reading (as i write this over the summer - I am quite certain he has forgotten how to do ALL these things... sorry 1st grade teacher)
Here is Shane 'popping' up in one of the songs.
And here is his.
He is an October birthday and for some strange reason as parents we are kinda given the opportunity to hold kids back from attending Kindi with the traditional cut off. I have no idea how far back that date really goes (meaning Summer birthdays and all) but as parents we have so much to think about and I agonized about this too long.
Why did I not give him the gift of time?
One more year in Preschool?
Is that really the gift of time?
Or can he take is to travel abroad one year after high school. Or to take a year after college to pursue a endeavor he may not get to do once he joins the working world.
Shane, you are a gift and now how you spend your extra time will be up to you. Keep striving sweet one.
Thank you Mrs. Theriault and Mrs. Hollis for your endless nurturing in this wonderful class.
Shane - you are big time now!
No comments:
Post a Comment